Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what is your neighbor is being threatened >

what is your neighbor is being threatened

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what is your neighbor is being threatened

Old 12-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what is your neighbor is being threatened

What if you leveled your gun at the husband, got between him and his wife, told him to stand down, and he came at you? Then you would be the one being threatened. Or would a prosecutor argue that you were the instigator of that event (of him coming after you)?
Old 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is the guy i was talking about i tought they had filed charges though

i think he made a mistake of telling 911 he was going to kill the guys if it was not for that phone call he would be a hero
Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM

The Texas case is completely different than the hypothetical at the beginning of this thread. First of all noone claims that he was protecting another person. Second, even in castle doctrine states you're probably not allowed to use deadly force when someone is running out of your yard, most of the time it's usually when they are in your residence not anywhere on your property. And also, if someone is running away, you probably can't shoot them when they try to disengage the encounter.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

oldelkhunter:

You cannot act as a policeman. You would dial 911. Now if his wife ran onto your property and hid behind you for protection and he threatened your life and you were in imminent danger and you warn him and he continues you may blast him. That is the way it is to my understanding where I live.
So you would stand there with your pistol in it's holster and your cell phone in your hand and watch a woman stabbed to death right in front of you? How very neighborly of you! [:@] I bet you'd sleep really well after watching that...thinking about how you did the "right thing" be dialing 911. After all, somebody has to come take her body away.

If it was clear to me he was going to stab her, I'd draw down on him and try to warn him off her, get his attention and hope he had enough sense to drop the knife. If me made a move, I'd drop him. If I wound up in jail (which is HIGHLY doubtful, IMO), I'd sleep a little better knowing that I saved an innocent life.

Mike

Old 12-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Spike

One of the great things about the WA CCW is that you are mandated to use whatever force necessary to defend yourself, any other person or to stop a felony. You can face criminal charges if you allow a felony to happen if you are there and armed.