Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 homeprotection >

homeprotection

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

homeprotection

Old 12-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: homeprotection

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

remember most swat teams use ars when they go into a house
Yeah, well... when you're a jackboot kicking in doors, you get to do all kinds of things that free citizens shouldn't be doing.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:58 PM

I have a Glock 9mm. It's great not to big not to small.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Catus Magnus

Yeah, well... when you're a jackboot kicking in doors, you get to do all kinds of things that free citizens shouldn't be doing.
They're probably using Frangible ammo as well. Won't go through the whole house when a round (or 50) is fired.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heh, heh. The topic that won't die. I would say, shoot what you can hit with. But don't execute someone for stealin' your TV. There are just loads of things out there that will hurt a perp.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

spike...anything with... +p+ ammo
Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: 4 Buck

Shoot first......ask questions later!
Not a particularly good alibi, or even way of life.

I guess i value my life/my families lives to much to not be like that.Soyour saying that if i had someone trespass on my land, break in to my house with a deadly weapon, im supposed to greet them with open arms??? I dont think so. Shoot the idiot that is endangering you/your families lives! If you do it correctly there should only be one side of the story.....YOURS...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:45 PM

I liked being a jackboot, thank you. And it's not like we "get" to do those things, we have to do them. I never popped a door without a warrant, unless it was slammed in front of me during a foot chase. In Louisiana, "free citizens" may legally resist an officer with deadly force if the arrest is unlawful. So, we like to have our act together before depriving someone of their freedom. Like my man said, that's just how we roll.

BTW - we used mp5's, Glock 22's, and shotguns for entries. I didn't know ARs were getting popular for entry teams.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

12 guage coach gun- light, cheap, and short enough to use in close quarters. If you are prepared for a fight for your life, a long gun is the only way to go, whether it be a shotgun or a carbine chambered in a rifle cartridge. As far as the concern about overpenetration goes, a .223 hollow point will punch through a lot less building materials than a typical 9mm/40S&W/.45 ACP round and its a lot more lethal.

Forget about the nonsense about'racking' a shotgun to scare an intruder- it onlythrows awayyour homefield and any other tactical advantage you might be lucky to haveby telling the BG "hey I'm over here!"
Old 12-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammunition/demystplusp_0306-7/

check out thiswebite about how safe +p ammo is
Old 12-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: home protection

4" barreled .357 with +P .38 hollowpoints. Plenty enough power and not too intimidating for the wife.

Like an instamatic camera, just point and shoot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.