Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
What Does Your Wife Think Of...........? >

What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Old 01-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

My wife doesn't have a problem with me buying guns, she has the attitude the more we have the better. Unfortunately money matters get in the way, or I would have alot more than I do. Hunting is a little different, she doesn't mind deer hunting time, but when I spend alot of time small game or bird hunting she gets a bit cranky.

SUPPORT YOUR SPORT
JOIN THE NRA

Old 01-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some of you are describing mothers...not wives. For crying out loud...if you work and have some extra cash, you're not hurting anybody.

Next time she complains, just lay out all your shoes on one side of the room, and all hers on the other. END-OF-STORY

Old 01-13-2003, 07:48 PM

As long as we have the money no problem.She thinks shooting and hunting is better than sitting in bars or gambling.She use to hunt until we had kids.Now I take both boys out{another excuse to buy more guns.

Old 01-13-2003, 07:52 PM

Hey guys, we're getting off track a bit. I think we have pretty well established there is some differences in what the little women will or will not tolerate or how much she agrees or disagrees with us spending time and $$$ on our addiction. What about the question: are we always honest with her? Do we from time to time sneak a new rifle into the safe? do we add a new set of binoculars to the inventory without telling her? Did the scope that cost $500.00 get reduced in value to $300.00 by the time we got it home? Does she know that 300 Win Mag Supreme Partition Gold's costs a little more (a lot more) than .30.30 Power Point's? What do you'll say?? gg.

"When I was born I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half"
Old 01-13-2003, 07:59 PM

No,I never hide anything from her and tell her exactly how much it will cost.

Old 01-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

I generally reduce the cost by a third to a half when I'm specificly asked what the cost was. Most often things "appear". After all she is the first one to admit that every gun looks the same to her.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well my wife has hunted in the past and she even bought me a gun for Christmas once (a Rem 7600 pump, .35 whelen). Once I heard her state one of the deep pilosophical questions we all contemplate"How many guns does one man need?"
Back to the quesion, I never lie about my guns. Like a couple weeks ago she saw the T/C encore 209X50 that I bought last Sept. "Is that a new gun" says she. "No its the inline that I've had for awhile, shot that pronghorn with it last Oct." says I.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:53 PM

i have no problem buying anything and she don't mind the hunting and fishing she just gets a little upset when i don't showup for chirstmas, thanksgiving , weddings or any other function during hunting season or pre and post scouting , archery events etc.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Spike

My wife calls all the hunting and shooting supplies "her retirement fund". Says she will sell all the gear and travel.
Her common response to a planned hunting trip is "Don't you think that going away for two weeks is better than going for just one?"
She says the time I'm away hunting is time for herself to do what she wants.
I keep a spread sheet in the computer with the gear and what it was worth when I bought it. She can look anytime she likes. This also gives her an idea of what stuff is worth when it is time to dispose of it. I don't want to see her taken advantage of when I'm gone.

John G, Sounds like you had a wonderfull wife and sorry on your loss.

Quick Reply: What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.