Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
What Does Your Wife Think Of...........? >

What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Old 01-13-2003, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Quilly, I am by no means an expert. But it seems to me like you need to explain to her that YOU are using YOUR OWN money, that you set asside for yourself to do with what you want. And if buying a new gun is what you want, then it is your buisness to do so. As long as you are spending your "spending" money and not dipping into the kid's collage, or "emergency" money or something like that, then buying a new gun is not hurting anything in anyway. It is a fairly safe investment as you can re-sale a gun fairly easily if need be, a better investment than buying something like beer that will be gone in a few weeks along with your money never to be seen again. And about any gun will outlast any of us. You know what I mean?

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 01-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

My girlfriend is pretty good. She'll harass me in a joking manner every so often but otherwise she's good with it. She even talked ME, into a real expensive treestand over a cheaper model.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:50 AM

My wife wants to learn how to shoot. So, it's not really a problem for me. She also wants to learn how to bowhunt, and I told her that I wanted to teach her how to shoot a rifle first. (Didn't dampen her desire, though!)

Old 01-13-2003, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, maybe that's why I have an ex...wife.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

My wife has never given me a problem when it come to buying firearms or hunting. She knew from the begining and I told her when we first started going out..."nothing interfears with hunting and fishing" She's lived up to that. She bought me my first gun safe and a 1911 45 for christmas one year and even splurge when she was still my girlfriend and got me a dozen LL Bean decoys to add to the almost 200 I had at the time.
Hey ,as long as one's not broke and can afford it I don't see a problem.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:25 AM

Seems like I'm lucky in this dept. My girl comes from a family of hunters and doesnt mind when I go out. She no enthusiasts but doesnt give me any problems bout it. But just like anything else I can't spend ALL my time on hunting or other hobbies. We got kids and they have to come first.
Hector
Old 01-13-2003, 09:56 AM

I've been married for 16 years and have purchased a grand total of 3 firearms since I said "I do." My wife is of the opinion that you need 1 gun for hunting and you should be able to kill anything with that gun. Had to explain to her the difference between a rifle and shotgun. So agreed that there was a difference and relented that maybe you need 2 firearms for hunting.

In all fairness she has mellowed over the years and I figure that I'm about due for a new addition.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:02 AM

MY long term GF bitches and whinnes alittle during hunting season witch runs from sep to feb for me then alittle more during 3D seson witch runs from about feb to sep. But I did these things before she meet me and will do them as long as I can, On the other hand I could be a drunk or a gambler which would leave me with nothing to show for or to eat for the money I spend.

3DNWV
Old 01-13-2003, 02:02 PM
jed
Fork Horn

I always try to be honest. It works about 75 % of the time.. You have to put it to women so they understand. Tell that loved one that guns are like shoes. One pair of sensible black shoes will go with every outfit and every outing. If they are willing to give up there shoes .... find another.

Old 01-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been on both sides of the coin.My now ex wife knew I liked hunting and shooting and there was no problem with that.Then once the I do's were done she wanted me to sell my guns,that I only need a couple of guns at the most.I couldn't handle that abuse LOL.She's gone and my toys are still here.Honesty is the best policy unless you're married to a person who can't understand normal thinking.In that case Reebok her and start over.
Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.

Quick Reply: What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.