Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My 21st b-day present with some questions >

My 21st b-day present with some questions

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My 21st b-day present with some questions

Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default My 21st b-day present with some questions

Ok guys this is my b-day present my dad got for my 21st b-day! Its a Model 329PD Revolver that weighs 26 ozI. brought it to the range and shot it a bunch of times but each time it was low and OMG the mag rounds kickd hard. I was shooting 44 S&W special 200grain semi wad cutter hollow points. I brought it home and put the bore sighter in btu couldnt get it to go any higher. I called S&W and they said the bore sighter wasnt lying and that i need to shoot 240grain 44 magunm. I guess the gun is bore sighted low bc of the recoil the guy expalined that the recoil will make the gun shoot higher. He said if i want to shoot speicals i need to send it back and theyll put a smaller front sight on it,but the manual says 44mag/44 special. Does this Sound right to any of you pistol guys???????? Should i just shoot the 44 mags threw it to be accurate? I want to use it manly for hunting.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/bigbuck28/Picture067.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/bigbuck28/Picture068.jpg
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My 21st b-day present with some questions

Yep...the 240gr Hornady has a good reputation...Most folks think a lighter bullet with a higher velocity will shoot higher, isn't so with pistols and muzzle loaders...they have lower velocities than center fire rifles, so the bullet is in the barrel longer, so recoil has more time to affect it...A heavier bullet recoils more, so recoil kicks the barrel higher, making the heavier bullet hit the target higher...