Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 21st Century Longbow????? >

21st Century Longbow?????

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

21st Century Longbow?????

Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM

Default 21st Century Longbow?????

Meet a friend at Wally World this evening. Said he had a bow he wanted to sell. Went to look at it. It' s a 21st Century, 55# @28" , 1467, 66" , looks like a bocate riser, straight grip with a very slight dish, maple limbs ??(very plain), slightly tapered. In really lite writing is
Designer: Jim
Bowyer: Buddy
He said it was a Nova. No other markings or name. Sweet drawing bow. Picked it up with 13 30" wood arrows, awesome cresting and feathers!!!!! Some banana, some shield and some I think it' s called P&Y. 6 of the arrows are self nocks with turkey feathers.
I' m a longbow man and heard good things about 21st Century. Figured you can never have enough bows. Got it for a steal!!!!!! Embarassed to say how little! He just said he was tired of Trad and was going back to compounds and wanted the stuff out of the house. Oh and he also gave me about 2 square foot of leather for grips.

Chad know anything about these bows???????
What' s this bow like??? Set the brace height at 7" ??????

Old 11-19-2003, 07:06 AM
Spike

Default RE: 21st Century Longbow?????

Ct you have a great shooting and quite longbow that is fastflight user freindly . I would brace the bow lower than you think at 6 3/4 to 7 1/2. You will have to play around with it and find out what suits you best. My particular bow shoots Gold tips so well it is scary. I have gone through four 21st Century bows and just have one left. But is sure hits where I look.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:51 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Haven' t shot a Nova, I don' t believe (don' t remember it if I have). I have owned one 21st Century, and it was a good shooter, but I sold it. I wanted to go a little lighter in draw weight (I pulled 70-something lbs on it), and I got really aggravated when I called the former owners (Milton Callaway owns 21st now) about getting the bow refinished and a factory flaw corrected (string grooves cut at the wrong angle on one limb--string would jump off). I thought $215 was a bit steep (this was several years ago)--that was a good bit more than I paid for the bow-- so I had another bowyer fix it (WHOLE lot cheaper). I don' t know what model I had--was told once it could have been a prototype, never found out for sure. It was a one-peice with an extrememly large riser (especially for a longbow), radical deflex/reflex design, and pistol grip--another reason I sold it (felt like a recurve to me). It was very fast, and reasonably smooth, but didn' t feel like a longbow to me.

Chad
Old 11-19-2003, 04:28 PM

This ones sweet. Just shot it. Really impressed. Didn' t think I' d like that straight grip. Heard some funny stories about the old owners. Was told that I probably have one of the higher end bows that they made.

Well as usual I have a string order in. Picked up that 21st Century and a Gharing longbow (in a trade). MAybe you could have a sign kinda like McDonalds, over a gazillion sold! Can' t have a bow without a Chad string.