Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
pistol help? >

pistol help?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

pistol help?

Old 12-26-2002, 11:19 PM

Default pistol help?

Can anybody tell me about the EAA witness, is it a good gun? I have one in .40 and i like the gun but it jams alot. On only one kind of ammo it has never jamed but on all the other kinds it does. Do you think i would be worth it to fix it or just get rid of it?
Old 12-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: pistol help?

I bought a cheap throw away pistol several years ago. Can't even remeber the name of it now. Anyway, just wanted something I could carry in my pocket if I wanted. It would jam at least twice per 8 round magazine. I only paid $70 for it and it's somewhere in the landfill after I beat it to pieces with a hammer. I'm not familiar with EAA guns but I would suggest talking to a dealer or gunsmith to see if it could be fixed.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:29 PM

EAA are O.K. guns. They are modeled after CZ's which are great guns. I've never owned one but have shot quite a few. Though I have never had one jam like yours. Could be the gun. Might want to send it back to EAA or have a gunsmith polish your feed ramp if it's jamming on hollow points. How experienced are you with auto pistols? I have seen a good many people limp wrist them and this will jam one in a heart beat. Good luck to ya'.

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Theodore Roosevelt

http://tscott.fws1.com

ONE NATION UNDER GOD!
Old 12-27-2002, 09:32 PM

Dodgeram400, it may be something as simple as taking it down for a thurough clean and inspecting for any burrs. Also may want to polish the feed ramp for more reliable feeding.

"Fast is fine, but accurate is final". "Wild Bill" Hickok - 1869
Old 12-28-2002, 05:51 PM

If you have a handgun (auto) that starts to jam the first thing to do is to "field strip" it and THOROUGHLY clean it.

I try to field strip and clean my auto's every 100 rounds. EXCEPT my .22 Ruger. This handgun I usually field strip every 500 rounds.
Most larger autos should be TOTALLY disassembled and cleaned every 500 rounds. You would be amazed at the junk that can build up inside a handgun.

If field stripping and cleaning does not fix the problem then you will probably need to get the springs replaced.

DREAM BIG, LIVE LARGE, DIE HAPPY ~Country Boy