Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade >

56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade

Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM

Default 56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade

I just talked to a man about buying a 56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade which in fairly nice shape. The barrel is a smooth bore which I was told was only produce on roughly 2000 guns. It can be used with both a round ball and shot. Does anyone know what a gun like this is worth?Because of the "limited edition" barrel is it worth more? Thanks
Old 07-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade

I'd talk to some of the boys on the blackpowder section.They aren't real accurate past 40yards with a ball and are like a 28ga.no choked shotgun with shot.No reason to exist in my opinion.I bought a used .50 hawken for my boy for $200 Canadian in vgc.If you can get it for that you can always buy a .54 or .50 rifled barrel for shooting target or big game later. I suspect it is on a TC Renegade frame and they all take 1" after market barrels not the 15/16".No matter both are available.green Mt. makes great after market barrels.....Check out the blackpowder section......................Harold PS : you'll have an awful time finding .56 cal balls to shoot and it's not worth buying a mold for it.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, i dont know too much about that type of muzzleloader, but i will recommend the thompson center omega .50.

its a very accurate gun and plus it has great looks. the ammo is also easier to come by, and plus it has a very affordable range from $500 to about $650. OR you can go to the next best thing and get the thompson center pro hunter.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: youthpastorjon

I just talked to a man about buying a 56 caliber Thompson Center Renegade which in fairly nice shape. The barrel is a smooth bore which I was told was only produce on roughly 2000 guns. It can be used with both a round ball and shot. Does anyone know what a gun like this is worth?Because of the "limited edition" barrel is it worth more? Thanks
I really don't believe the .56 smoothbore barrel adds much to the value, if anything. The Renegades I've seen selling on the auction sites have gone for between $300.00 and $400.00.

Flintlocks are worth about $50.00 more.