Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
PORTABLE CLAY THROWERS >

PORTABLE CLAY THROWERS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

PORTABLE CLAY THROWERS

Old 12-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Spike

Default PORTABLE CLAY THROWERS

are they worth the money?can one person work one and shoot oo?thanks. sj

Old 12-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PORTABLE CLAY THROWERS

i have the one made by hopes(SP)..you can operate it yourself with the rope..pull it to make it fly...its kinda slow but its decint and cheap i think maybe 25bux or so...i used the bigger ones im not sure who makes them they are about 100 or so and they are a bit faster and fly nicer but they are bigger and heavier and they have a knob thats kinda hard to pull so youd have to pull a hard to pull knob stand up and shoot..i did it before..its kinda hard but possible..i like my hopes though..i can stand back..pull it myself and stil lget a good shot..ony downfall is its not as fast as some clays ive shot...and when you pull it you have to stand behind it so you cant get creative unless someone else pulls...
Old 12-22-2002, 08:56 PM

Default RE: PORTABLE CLAY THROWERS

I have tried several throwers from the hand lobbing things on to machines. Best for price, fun and all.. the ones with seats that swivel around and have someone to work em with. NOt to expensive and sure canput angles on. WAy we do it, one or two clays, any angle, just keep swiveling and let fly sometime after a bird is called for, when YOU are ready to let fly with em.

I alsohaev a hoppes mounted ona tire rim, can do allrighton my own and it gets on out there. LIttle creativity with a pulley to tie to a stake, longer cord and what all and you can get side shots etc. Another benefit, yoj can work up a good aerobic workout running it by your self.