Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Teflon coating? >

Teflon coating?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Teflon coating?

Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Teflon coating?

I'm thinking of buying a Remington CDL and "customizing" it a tad. I'm looking at putting a high quality aftermarket synthetic stock on it and weatherproofing the metal.
Can anyone recomend the best way to weatherproof the barrel and action?
I've heard of "teflon coating" the metal. Do anyone know who can do this for me or if there is a better process of keeping the metal work free from rust?
Any opinions would be very welcomed.
Also, opinions on a quality synthetic stock would be welcomed too. McMillian? Bell and Carlson? HS Precision?

Schoolcraft
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Teflon coating?

Will you be saving the CDL stock for "dress up" occasions, or will you be using the synthetic stock full-time? If it's the latter, save your $$, & get the SPS. Same action (and barrel contour, I believe...), less $$$.

I have no experience with any of the stocks you've mentioned, though I've heard good things about all of them. I'd recommend personally handling as many of them as you can, however, prior to deciding.

When you figure out the cost of the synthetics, you may want to check them against the 700 XCR: if it's a wash, you may want to save yourself the trouble.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_XCR.asp

FC

Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Black Ice Coatings has a good reputation for applying teflon. I know of a few people that have used this vendor and have heard nothing but praise. http://www.blackicecoatings.com/
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM

I know that Hill Country Rifles dose teflon coating. They are a rifle customizing company. Im going to send my next hunting rifle out there and get it accurized from them. Now i just have to decide what caliber and rifle i want. Im thinking 25-06 or 270.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Folically Challenged

Will you be saving the CDL stock for "dress up" occasions, or will you be using the synthetic stock full-time? If it's the latter, save your $$, & get the SPS. Same action (and barrel contour, I believe...), less $$$.

I have no experience with any of the stocks you've mentioned, though I've heard good things about all of them. I'd recommend personally handling as many of them as you can, however, prior to deciding.

When you figure out the cost of the synthetics, you may want to check them against the 700 XCR: if it's a wash, you may want to save yourself the trouble.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_XCR.asp

FC

TheSPS is the exact same rifle with a sythetic stock. the only other diference is the magazine option on the CDL. and 2X the price!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Forgot to mention I'm a lefty. I don't think the other Remington model ya'll are mentioning comes in a left handed model.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:50 PM
bigcountry

I seen one rifle where the teflon was chipped at the muzzle. I looked into it once and decided on good old parkarizing on a custom I had built.

Ever thought of duracoat dipping?

Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Here is another one, http://www.gunfinish.com/

I'm considering having a muzzleloader or two done.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 PM

If you want a lifetime finish with a good guarantee, then ROBAR,http://www.robarguns.com/,is the way to go. I have the Roguard finish with NP3 internals on two rifles and they are the very best. IMHO. MV out!