Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 pa gun registration proposed >

pa gun registration proposed

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

pa gun registration proposed

Old 04-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Default pa gun registration proposed

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2075666

This e-mail sent to me from the NRA today.
This is very disturbing.

Mods, If this should not be here, it's original thread is in the N/E posts.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa gun registration proposed

Unconstitutional. Won't make it out of committee, if it even makes it that far.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 PM

I have been thru this in another state, only it was a city requiring registration. It is unconstitutional, it probably will make it out of committee, and could get passed. Don't underestimate these clowns.

PS- even if it is made law, it will be tough to find a LEO who would make an arrest, civil rights violations are costly.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 AM

get every body you can to petition agains it.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's certainly bad enough that the "Bill" would require a person to be photographed and fingerprinted. Kind of reminds me of how criminals are treated. Also goes one step further to get you documented in files as a gun owner. Yet, as we all know, the criminals who posess firearms illegally will suffer no consequences from this. Go back and re-read the part about a convicted felon being questioned about gun ownership. How idiotic.
Not only does this piece of crap log, register, and categorize the casual gun owner, it creates a huge financial burden on those who may own more than a couple of firearms. Some have spent the greater part of their life buying and collecting firearms. It's their love, their hobby, and took a good deal of financial investment over the years to acquire. At $10/yr./gun registration fee, for a person who may own 50 or more guns, which is his or her constitutional right, that can add up to a sizeable sum quickly.
This is just one more attempt by our Philadelphia-oriented government to take guns away from those who are causing no problem by owning them. It is also a thinly-veiled attempt to stop gun shows. Once again, and I hate to have to say this, but it is the Democratic Party's people who are trying to shove us off the gangplank. Just take a look at who sponsors this bill, and others like it.
For those of you hunters, shooters, and gun owners out there who belong to the Democratic Party, it's time to start to question your people's goals and how their actions can affect you as an individual. I certainly understand that there are other political party members who have little or no understanding of our concerns and would vote along these lines also, but overwhelming evidence supports that the afore-mentioned party harbors the bulk of them.
The only way we have a shot at stopping this type of lunacy is to make personal contact with your Legislators and express your opinion firmly. Let them know how you feel. If we don't ALL do this, the poison will continue to seep.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen, you need to fight this as a well unified group. Being a Canadian I can tell you that all it takes is a government with a majority of votes and you're done for. Sportsmen are always a minority on a voters list so will always make an easy target for the liberal anti gun movement. Since registration was introduced up here it has become a financial nightmare, has not prevented nor reduced gun crimes ( go figure ) and has in actuality exposed gun owners , especially hand gun owners to a higher risk of breakin and theft of their firearms. If you think the data base that holds all this information is safe and unpenetrable then your head is in the sand. Fight it, fight hard.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Unconstitutional. Won't make it out of committee, if it even makes it that far.
I agree, but it is good to keep an eye on it!In the meantime, it is best not to lose perspective (or sleep!) over this crap!

I doubt that many people could even afford the cost of re-registering their guns each year; but that's probably what the sponsors intended. Then they could sieze most guns in PA. Hell, even in New York, you only have to pay the registration costs ONE TIME!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mods, If this should not be here, it's original thread is in the N/E posts.
Refer to same topic in North East forum