Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA GUN REGISTRATION PROPOSED >

PA GUN REGISTRATION PROPOSED

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA GUN REGISTRATION PROPOSED

Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Default PA GUN REGISTRATION PROPOSED

This was an e-mail to me today from the NRA.
Now that the Democrats are in control of the House, many states are being targeted for gun control measures.
We, as sportsmen need to contact our State Rep. offices and make our voices known.

THESE LINKS ARE ACTIVE...USE THEM.

Pennsylvania Gun Registration Legislation Introduced!
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!
The Gun Registration Act of 2007, House Bill No. 760, sponsored by State Representatives Angel Cruz (D-180), Rosita Youngblood (D-198), Cherelle Parker (D-200), Jake Wheatley (D-19), Lisa Bennington (D-21), and Lawrence Curry (D-154) has been introduced in Harrisburg.
This misguided proposal would require every gun in Pennsylvania to be registered with the state, and each firearm would have to be re-registered annually. The registration would cost law-abiding gun owners $10 per gun each year. Of course, criminals won’t pay anything BECAUSE CRIMINALS DON'T REGISTER GUNS! In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Haynes v. U.S. (309 U.S. 85 (1968)) that since felons are prohibited from owning firearms, compelling them to register them would violate their 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination.However, if a law-abiding gun owner fails to register it, he or she will be jailed and lose his or her rights FOREVER.
Themeasure would require each gun owner submit to fingerprinting, have a background check, and to include passport-style photos for the registration cards. The registration card for each gun would then have to be carried with that gun at all times. To make matters worse, if the state should reject your application for any reason, YOUR GUNS WILL BE CONFISCATED!
Please call your State Representative today at (717) 787-2372 and your State Senator at (717) 787-5920 and ask them to oppose HB760!
Enough is enough!
It's time for all Pennsylvania NRA members’ voices to be heard!

To find further contact information or help identifying your legislators
please use the "Write Your Representative" feature found at www.NRAILA.org.

HERE'S A LINK FOR AN ON LINE PETITION:

http://www.reprohrer.com/?sectionid=73&sectiontree=73

Only takes 15 seconds.
Send it to everyone you know.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA GUN REGISTRATION PROPOSED

once again they're coming after us , what bothers me is where's everybody else , aren't there any firearms owners left in the state congress anymore , this is totally rediculous , it would cost a hell of a lot of money for myself . and quite alot for a few others as well . i don't know what else to say , this is very very upsetting. this should be posted in every gun club in this state , and sportsmans , and fire hall , etc .... awareness of this has got to be put out there. how far has this gotten in the house and senate anyway ????
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM

This bill was introduced March 19th. It has yet to be voted on.
I'm agrivated to say the least that these things don't get more pressand news coverage.
Awareness of proposedbills of this nature never get the press before they are voted on. Thank God for the NRA.

I agree that EVERYsportsman and sportswoman should be made aware of this bill before it's too late. I certainly will e-mail this to everyone I know.The cost is unacceptable let alone what could be their next move on gun owners.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

man cant they find someone else to pick on for once how bout the immigrants takeing all of the american work in america
Old 04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whelen36

once again they're coming after us , what bothers me is where's everybody else , aren't there any firearms owners left in the state congress anymore , this is totally rediculous , it would cost a hell of a lot of money for myself . and quite alot for a few others as well . i don't know what else to say , this is very very upsetting. this should be posted in every gun club in this state , and sportsmans , and fire hall , etc .... awareness of this has got to be put out there. how far has this gotten in the house and senate anyway ????
you can trace all this back to pgc/dcnr..they are ones that are chasing hunters away for hikers, elk watchers, eagle, bobcat,snakes,on and on..

most of people that do the non hunting dont have or want a gun..

these are people that are getting elected..
heck, they should call our sportsmens club, the HIKING CLUB..

if we cant see what is happening ,we are blind..hunters are on way out and new GROUP is now moving in..

i dont know how to stop it unless our deer are considered a priority here in pa and we become a force again..

the only group trying to stop this stuff here in pa. is USP and they are losing everywhere they go..

i see many changes coming and its not good for us hunters..
heck, we cant even stand together as group, we are easily bought off..
Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not registering my freekin guns.They can kiss my red white and blue arse.Dang nabbit.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

you can trace all this back to pgc/dcnr..they are ones that are chasing hunters away for hikers, elk watchers, eagle, bobcat,snakes,on and on..

the only group trying to stop this stuff here in pa. is USP and they are losing everywhere they go..
Only you could take a problem unrelated to the PGC and blame it on them.
Don't hijack this thread....go away....again.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: sproulman

Only you could take a problem unrelated to the PGC and blame it on them.
Don't hijack this thread....go away....again.

well, who is behind causing thehuntingto be bad in pa..pgc..who is controlling them,dcnr..

who stopped a lot of this gun stuff over years,HUNTERS..now hunting sucks and hunters are fed up and losing interest..

so, who would you blame?get use to it,with less hunters and more non hunters controlling things,this will become something that will happen every chance they get..

keep killing doe ,hunters lose ,they win..
Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 PM

Old 04-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, once again...take notice of the political affiliation of those sponsoring the bill. What in the blazes is wrong with them?? Just more of Slick Eddie's cronies who don't know what they're doing. These so-called "politicians" are doing nothing but attempting to cause harm to people who are causing no harm. The deal about violating a felon's rights by making him register a weapon he is legally unable to own is chronic idiocy.
Hang on, guys....I'm afraid the REAL rough road yet lays ahead.

Quick Reply: PA GUN REGISTRATION PROPOSED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.