HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pa gun registration proposed
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa gun registration proposed

It's certainly bad enough that the "Bill" would require a person to be photographed and fingerprinted. Kind of reminds me of how criminals are treated. Also goes one step further to get you documented in files as a gun owner. Yet, as we all know, the criminals who posess firearms illegally will suffer no consequences from this. Go back and re-read the part about a convicted felon being questioned about gun ownership. How idiotic.
Not only does this piece of crap log, register, and categorize the casual gun owner, it creates a huge financial burden on those who may own more than a couple of firearms. Some have spent the greater part of their life buying and collecting firearms. It's their love, their hobby, and took a good deal of financial investment over the years to acquire. At $10/yr./gun registration fee, for a person who may own 50 or more guns, which is his or her constitutional right, that can add up to a sizeable sum quickly.
This is just one more attempt by our Philadelphia-oriented government to take guns away from those who are causing no problem by owning them. It is also a thinly-veiled attempt to stop gun shows. Once again, and I hate to have to say this, but it is the Democratic Party's people who are trying to shove us off the gangplank. Just take a look at who sponsors this bill, and others like it.
For those of you hunters, shooters, and gun owners out there who belong to the Democratic Party, it's time to start to question your people's goals and how their actions can affect you as an individual. I certainly understand that there are other political party members who have little or no understanding of our concerns and would vote along these lines also, but overwhelming evidence supports that the afore-mentioned party harbors the bulk of them.
The only way we have a shot at stopping this type of lunacy is to make personal contact with your Legislators and express your opinion firmly. Let them know how you feel. If we don't ALL do this, the poison will continue to seep.