Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip >

at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 AM

Default RE: at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

So Loco are you the Motor City Madman in the flesh or do you just have his picture as an avatar?

Open Carry is legal in missouri. I have no problem with it what so ever. You know, If more folks carried a glock on their hip I bet the crime rates would drop dramatically.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:46 AM

In the flesh my friend.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Open carry is legal in ND as well.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Want a gun? Florida makes it easy

GENERAL FLORIDA GUN RULES[*]
No license or permit is needed to purchase a handgun, rifle or shotgun. [*]
Must be 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun, and 21 to purchase a handgun from a licensed dealer. To buy a handgun from a private person, you can be 18. [*]
Must pass a criminal background check to purchase from a licensed firearms dealer. [*]
Must wait three days between buying a handgun from a licensed dealer and taking it home. [*]
Multiple firearms can be purchased at one time. [*]
Firearms do not need to be registered with police and can be kept in the home without a permit or a concealed weapon license. [*]
A firearm can be transported in a vehicle without a permit or concealed weapon license as long as it is "securely encased," such as in a glove compartment, or "not immediately accessible." It cannot be carried on a person in a vehicle without a concealed weapon license.

CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSES IN FLORIDA[*]
Licenses are required to carry a concealed weapon in public places. [*]
Concealed weapons are defined as: handguns, knives, electronic weapons or devices, billy clubs, tear gas guns. [*]
Licenses are issued by the Florida Division of Licensing, within the Department. of Agriculture and Consumer Services. (See http://licgweb. doacs.state.fl.us/ weapons/index.html) [*]
Applicants must submit: notarized application, photo, fingerprints, a fee of $117 and verification of firearm training. The state recommends that applicants also include certified copies of court documents to expedite the processing. [*]
Must be at least 21, a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien, and must pass a criminal background check. [*]
No justification for a license is required; "self-defense" is sufficient. [*]
Licenses are valid for five years. [*]
License holders don't have to wait three days between buying and taking home a handgun. [*]
License is valid in 30 other states. [*]
Concealed weapons generally are prohibited in police stations, jails, courtrooms, polling places, government meeting rooms, schools, bars and airline passenger terminals. [*]
Due to a recent change in law, licensees can now carry concealed weapons in Florida's state parks, including beaches, as well as in Florida's national forests outside of hunting season.

-- Sources: Florida Division of Licensing, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the National Rifle Association, the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry mine well thats for me to know and you not too.I have a Mn CCW in witch I had to take a shooting test and had to show knolage of my handgun and applied for Utah also under a certified Instructor.
Mn took 1 month after fingerprints..
Utah took 4 months after fingerprints,pitcher of me.They do a complete BG in all states they cover and you better have all the t's crossed and the I's dotted..........or they will refuse it.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 AM

What would be considered open carry it has to be visible and not under a coat or shouder rig? On your belt in a hoster?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

i was just wondering why a plain clothes "dad" type had a hand cannon strapped to his hip.
I really HATE stupid comments like these.

Who really cares what he had strapped to his hip. The 2nd amendment guarantees him the right to keep and BEAR arms.

You telling people he had a "hand cannon strapped to his hip" only serves to undermine this right. So don't make such a big friggin deal about a person legally carrying a firearm.

Even having to pay to get a license is an unconstitutional law regulating and infringing onour right to keep and bear arms.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Amen to that. I agree 100%...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

You see it fairly often here in AZ. It is nice to be able to exercise my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to keep and BEAR arms. It also cuts down on the panhandlers that approach you at the gas station .
Old 03-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Most bulidings in our state ban guns on their premises. In fact, just about all do. I guess the only way to do it is if you're walking down the street.

Quick Reply: at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.