Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip >

at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Old 03-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

The original post using "hand cannon" reminded me of our local news TV station. Whenever there is a murder they use the backdrop with a handgun on it. It does not matter if the murder was by beating or stabbing or shooting or whatever. It comes across as anit gun.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

i can't stand the small town fuzz around here who are bored with nothing to do, else i'd be wearing one all the time since it's ambiguous enough to seem like i could. i've already been pulled over at a road block and had my vehicle searched for over an hour with dogs and by them digging through EVERYTHING and received some pretty intense questioning followed by blatant accusations because they "suspected i had narcotics" aka i was a young, shaggy haired kid out around 2 am. add a firearm to the mix, even though it'd be perfectly legal, and i don't even want to think about it...

(and i better not see any GET A HAIRCUT HIPPIE!!! posts )
GET A HAIRCUT YA LONGHAIR HIPPIE!!!! I bet you look real purdy when your hairs all done up .
Old 03-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

and it made me wonder...

according to our rights it's legal to carry a firearm basically, right?

so as long as it's in plain view you are dodging the concealed weapon thing, right?

i was just wondering why a plain clothes "dad" type had a hand cannon strapped to his hip. i wouldn't see that being considered as a CCW and if it were why he wouldn't have tried to hide it. kind of, in a way, seems like driving around with a shotgun (unloaded of course) riding shotgun but i'm sure you can imagine that it might create a stir in some environments.

i wanted to start a conversation with this guy but i couldn't run him down without literally running him down by the time i processed the situation.

not a weird thing here... I keep a loaded shotgun and loaded rifle in the gun rack in my pick up nobody seems bothered by it around here except for the east coaster at walmart the other day.. I had my XD on my hip and this guy with his obvious Boston accent starts shouting "OH! MY! GOD!! hes got a gun!!" everyone looked at him like he was the nut. Here in Arizona its considered the norm to have a gun on your hip.

also i wouldnt exactly call a glock a "Hand Cannon" LOL if ya wanna call something a hand cannon you better be talking about a S&W 500 a glock is hardly a hand cannon also did you stop to think maybe the guy was a plain clothes detective or maybe an FBI agent.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I remember when I was a young teenager (now 32)living in Katy, Texas I would get my 12 ga shotgun and throw it over my shoulder and ride my bike through town out to the woods to go shooting. Sometimes I also had my 30-06 slung over my other shoulder.I would pass numerous cars, a few policemen, many stores, etc... etc... and no one gave it a second thought.

I didn't have a "hand cannon", "street sweeper", or any other idiodic made up name for a gun. I was simply a person with a shotgun going shooting.

Now we have gun owners, and gun writerscalling each other terrorists, calling our guns hand cannons, terrorist weapons, etc...simply becasue we exeercise our right to own these guns.

We need to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, you definitely need to find out what your state and local laws/ordinances are before walking in public with a handgun on your belt or concealed.
I think it's been almost 2 years since the proponents for "Shall Issue, to Carry Handgun" legislation passed even here in Liberal MN. It is not a "conceal handgun" law, although that is allowed. It is a law that standardizes and requires that once people meeting the legal requirements (e.g. of age, no felonies, etc.) and have passed a certified trainers class a resident of our states can apply for and must be issues a permit allow them to carry a loaded handgun on their person, concealed or otherwise.
I personally have not apart for out in the field / woods have seen anyone other than lawenforcement or security guards carrying a handgun, but I wouldn't be concerned of a lawbidding citizen doing so, as long as they have the training and are licensed to do so.
It should make the bad boys think long and hard before they make a move against someone.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM

I also support the right to carry firearms. Open carry is legal here in Maine but you are correct aboutthe rubberneckers. I can do without their comments. I prefer concealed carry. It is probably not a good idea to show a thug that is about to commit a crime that you are armed.

Shotgunbilly ,

NRA MEMBER IN MOOSE COUNTRY