Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS >

GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS

Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS

I just bought a new Green Mountain Barrel for a custom 10-22. I have not shot the rifle yet. I contacted GM for their break in procedure-below is the reply I received:

"Thomas,
You want to clean the barrel and the shoot 10 rounds of it and then clean
it again shoot 10 more rounds. You are going to do this for about 100
rounds. Your barrel will break in for about 500 rounds."

Can you believe this BABBLE. How could anyone send a message like this to a customer. I am truly baffled, is it just me, or would you guys trust some one who would respond like this!! Does any one proof read any more, or do they just not care. Tom.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS

As long as they respond and I understand what they are saying, I could care less. But then again, I barely got a 12 on the ACT in english but made up for it with a near 32 in math.

I used to go to Japan all the time, and at night they all send out reports. I would send out a quick email (maybe takes me 2 min) to my boss letting him know how its going. The japanese freaked out when they saw me just throwing out an email. They spend half thier time perfecting thier reports and half doing the work. I sure didn't respect thier ways, and they thought mine was horrible. But I was there to fix thier mistakes, so I suggested to thier superiors that they spend less time worrying about spelling and more time working.

What I am getting out is, did you understand the reply? If you did, no worries. Just do it.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

"Thomas,
You want to clean the barrel and the shoot 10 rounds of it and then clean
it again shoot 10 more rounds. You are going to do this for about 100
rounds. Your barrel will break in for about 500 rounds."
IMHO that is very unprofessional.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big Country I guess I must be getting old and cranky. I understand what you mean. And YES the message was communicated. But I must say that if I were the owner of Green Mountain Barrels, I would be very embarassed if an employee of mine responded to a paying customer in this manner. I am sorry, but it truly shows a lack of education(IMO). Or it shows a lack ofrespect for your customer. To me it truly conveys a "do not bother me" mentality. Sorry, just my thoughts. Tom.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Big Country I guess I must be getting old and cranky. I understand what you mean. And YES the message was communicated. But I must say that if I were the owner of Green Mountain Barrels, I would be very embarassed if an employee of mine responded to a paying customer in this manner. I am sorry, but it truly shows a lack of education(IMO). Or it shows a lack ofrespect for your customer. To me it truly conveys a "do not bother me" mentality. Sorry, just my thoughts. Tom.
Don't be sorry, just the way you feel. I think people get too worked up over silly things but don't over big things. Now if the barrel prints 2" groups at 50 yards, thats when I get all huffy and puffy.