Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 LaserMax guide rod laser sight??? >

LaserMax guide rod laser sight???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

LaserMax guide rod laser sight???

Old 12-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default LaserMax guide rod laser sight???

Is the LaserMax guide rod laser sight worth the 250-300 dollars? How long do the batteries last? If I get one it will be for a Glock 19.

Thanks,
Old 12-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LaserMax guide rod laser sight???

I really want one too. I'm just waiting for the money tree to bloom this spring.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were to put one on a gun, I would go with the Crimson Trace.

Here is why:

First, that LaserMax is a laser aiming device first and a guide rod second. Its a fantastic idea, but, you are replacing a part on a gun that is VITAL to its working mechanics. You wouldn't replace the drive shaft on your truck with a broom handle would you?

Secondly, we used to sell a lot of them at our gun shop. I thought they were great. Then, within two weeks of each other, three people brought different ones in that had failed (in some way). When they failed/broke the guns would no longer fire(see edit). That was a HUGE red flag for me.

I recommened the CTs because they are the same price, fully adjustable for windage and elevation (lots of them are now coming with free batteries for life), and if they ever fail, you still have a fully functional gun! It is easy to install them. They are also a great company, with great service and knowledgable people.

Happy new year!

Edit: When I write they would no longer "fire", I mean they would no longer "cycle". They will go bang once, but lock up tighter than a bank vault after that.

One other thing...try getting that little tiny button to slide over when you are under stress or if it is cold outside. Sweat on your palms...forget it. The CTs have the activation switch in a place where it will be turned on when you naturally grip the gun to fire it.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the information. I will have to look into the CTs.