Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.204 Rifle

Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 AM

Default RE: .204 Rifle

People, people, do as I do ignore brutal. He's not worth your time. What good does it do to argue whether a 250 is or isn't better than a 204. its pointless, and brutal will never admit that he's wrong even when you prove him wrong.

The 204 is a nice piece. The 22-250 is a nice piece. They both splatter Prairie Dogs like crazy. I don't like a 250 in a dog town because it heats up too quickly. The 204 heat rapidly as well but not as rapidly as the 250. I've killed many many coyotes with a 250 and it really is my fav. coyote rifle. I made my longest shot on a ground hog with the 204 at 578 yards. So quit arguing with an idiot.

OBTW the 204 isn't even my favorite 20 cal. I much prefer the 20 VT , or 20 Tactical. Now 17's I like the 17 Mach IV (not Mach II which is rimfire)
Old 12-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

People, people, do as I do ignore brutal. He's not worth your time. What good does it do to argue whether a 250 is or isn't better than a 204. its pointless, and brutal will never admit that he's wrong even when you prove him wrong.

The 204 is a nice piece. The 22-250 is a nice piece. They both splatter Prairie Dogs like crazy. I don't like a 250 in a dog town because it heats up too quickly. The 204 heat rapidly as well but not as rapidly as the 250. I've killed many many coyotes with a 250 and it really is my fav. coyote rifle. I made my longest shot on a ground hog with the 204 at 578 yards. So quit arguing with an idiot.

OBTW the 204 isn't even my favorite 20 cal. I much prefer the 20 VT , or 20 Tactical. Now 17's I like the 17 Mach IV (not Mach II which is rimfire)
1. I could care less which one is "better". With cartridges it's usually splitting hairs. I'm not about to sit here and watch some keyboard cowboy spout off crap that obviously isn't true.

2. Oh well since you made your longest shot with a .204 then it must be "better"? Yeah nice logic there. And you have the nerve to call me an idiot. One thing you guys can't seem to learn is to not strawman every argument and to not resort to personal attacks when you're argument fails. Someone needs some lessons in argumentative logic.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

[
Again, lack of experience on your part. The 204 along along with the other newer Hornady rounds like 460Smith, handloaders has not been able to come within 100fps of thier loaded ammo. They are using alot of blends which we can't match. Yes, it used to be the case that a handlaoder could exceed in most circumstances, but there are exceptions. The factory 204 has been documented at kicking from 4200fps to 4300fps. I cannot get that with my own ammo. Listen man, I never was stupid enough to say something without actually shooting or owning these guns. You said outperform. When shooting groundhogs or prair dogs, 32gr or 39gr will easily get the job done, you are looking for flattness, and I was looking for barrel life and flattness.

You know one can read data some and formulate an idea, not a fact, but its seems you do quite a bit of it. In fact its 90% of your posts. Others on here read and listen, and thats fine. Whensomeone gets up into African big game guns, you don't see me get on here spouting off internet crap I read. I have very little experience with them. So I keep my mouth shut. As you should too. When someone gets on the page to talk about Alaskian hunting, you don't hear me make a peep. Idon't have the experience.Somebody comes on the reloading forum and asks about bullet casting or shotshell reloading, I don't reply, cause I have very littleexperience in those areas.Experience is lives best lesson. If you don't have experience at it, keep your mouth shut. Its that easy.
I guess you have a learning disability. This really isn't that hard. I'll try again to make it easy for you.

A .22-250 pushes a 55 gr. bullet with a lower BC faster than and nearly as flat asa .204 pushes a 39 gr. bullet!

What does that tell you? Why is this so hard? Take that sentence and refute it with factory numbers. Those are the two Federal loads. Refute that statement with some logic instead of personal attacks. I know this is hard for you but try.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:50 AM

Brutal,

You are an idiot, plain and simple. You treat everyone else as though they are some how lesser than you. Half the damn time you don't even know what you're talking about, other than you can look up some numbers on the computer. Maybe, you own a 22-250 so you want to justify your decision by saying its the best. That way you can be "right" in your little world. I wasn't saying that the 204 is better because I made my longest shot with it.I'm not even a fan of the 204. I prefer the 250 to the 204. But, that doesn't make the 250 superior or inferior. I really can't differintiate between the two in real world shooting. I say that its splitting hairs.

I like shooting/owning several small caliber centerfires.Have you ever even shot a 204? Do you have any real world experience to share with either of these cartridges? No, the only thing you can ever do is post some damn link to factory ammo. Give me a break.Anyone, who is truely knowledgeable about these cartridges will tell you thatbothhave there positives and negatives. Everybody has there personal preference, but that doesn't make the next guys preference wrong.

You are the one who is always argumenative. You are the one who turns every thread that you post on into an argument. The only ones that don't are the ones that everybody ignores your ignorant ass! You have a glory complex or something. You think that you are so smart and everybody should just take your word as sacred.

I seem to remember just a few lines back that you turned it into a personal attack. Or do you call comparing someone to 500 lb hogs not personal. Damn Internet Genius thats what you are.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:26 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

[
Again, lack of experience on your part. The 204 along along with the other newer Hornady rounds like 460Smith, handloaders has not been able to come within 100fps of thier loaded ammo. They are using alot of blends which we can't match. Yes, it used to be the case that a handlaoder could exceed in most circumstances, but there are exceptions. The factory 204 has been documented at kicking from 4200fps to 4300fps. I cannot get that with my own ammo. Listen man, I never was stupid enough to say something without actually shooting or owning these guns. You said outperform. When shooting groundhogs or prair dogs, 32gr or 39gr will easily get the job done, you are looking for flattness, and I was looking for barrel life and flattness.

You know one can read data some and formulate an idea, not a fact, but its seems you do quite a bit of it. In fact its 90% of your posts. Others on here read and listen, and thats fine. Whensomeone gets up into African big game guns, you don't see me get on here spouting off internet crap I read. I have very little experience with them. So I keep my mouth shut. As you should too. When someone gets on the page to talk about Alaskian hunting, you don't hear me make a peep. Idon't have the experience.Somebody comes on the reloading forum and asks about bullet casting or shotshell reloading, I don't reply, cause I have very littleexperience in those areas.Experience is lives best lesson. If you don't have experience at it, keep your mouth shut. Its that easy.
I guess you have a learning disability. This really isn't that hard. I'll try again to make it easy for you.

A .22-250 pushes a 55 gr. bullet with a lower BC faster than and nearly as flat asa .204 pushes a 39 gr. bullet!

What does that tell you? Why is this so hard? Take that sentence and refute it with factory numbers. Those are the two Federal loads. Refute that statement with some logic instead of personal attacks. I know this is hard for you but try.
Cause, I could care less about federal shells. I don't shoot federal shells. I don't know anyone with ether a 22-250 or 220 swift or a 204 that shoots fed shells. The feds seem to be the slowest worst performance of the 204 bunch. If anything I would shoot the hornady shells. See again, you have no experience, but shooting off your mouth.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't mean to start this fellas.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

I didn't mean to start this fellas.
Ah don't worry about it. I should have known better than to argue with a kid. Hope you got the answers you wanted. If you want any info on the 204 like loads and all, I have just started really. I love both 204 and the superfast 22 counterparts. In fact, I love all rifles. But too many people I know have burnt the barrels out of thier 22-250, and I wanted a little longer life. I was considering having my gunsmith build me a 22-243 middlestead. But I think his personal one he build, the barrel lasted him one season of chuck shooting and one trip to dog town. He's a gunsmith, he could care less about that.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cause, I could care less about federal shells. I don't shoot federal shells. I don't know anyone with ether a 22-250 or 220 swift or a 204 that shoots fed shells. The feds seem to be the slowest worst performance of the 204 bunch. If anything I would shoot the hornady shells. See again, you have no experience, but shooting off your mouth.
Of course you could care less because Federal's numbers are making you look stupid.

So your answer is: "Federal sucks."

Well good job. You sure showed me. Now I see why you are sooo wise and knowledgable when it comes to guns and loads.

Pathetic. [>:]
Old 12-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Brutal, I don't know anybody who belongs to this forum, that wants to hear you ruin anymore threads, give it up, man, get a life.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

Of course you could care less because Federal's numbers are making you look stupid.

So your answer is: "Federal sucks."

Well good job. You sure showed me. Now I see why you are sooo wise and knowledgable when it comes to guns and loads.

Pathetic. [>:]
No thats not my answer at all. That shows you how unknowledgable you are about anything. Just federals are the slowest worst performers of the bunch. Its really that simple. Second, there is many more loadings that just federal. Hornady, and remington are the most common with people.

When you get a little older and actually shoot more than one gun, come back, and talk to us.

Quick Reply: .204 Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.