Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Winchester Silvertip CPX2 >

Winchester Silvertip CPX2

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester Silvertip CPX2

Old 11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Winchester Silvertip CPX2

I've got a box of CXP2 Ballistic Silvertips that came with a Remington 270 that I traded for. I've had the rifle for two deer seasons now but have been shooting Core-Locks in it with okey results. Has anyone used the 270 CPX2 Silvertips by Winchester for deer? What do you think . . .should I try them on my hunt tomorrow?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Winchester Silvertip CPX2

ORIGINAL: Leafrivermac

I've got a box of CXP2 Ballistic Silvertips that came with a Remington 270 that I traded for. I've had the rifle for two deer seasons now but have been shooting Core-Locks in it with okey results. Has anyone used the 270 CPX2 Silvertips by Winchester for deer? What do you think . . .should I try them on my hunt tomorrow?
One of my favorite bullets for deer. Just don't take risky shots with them. I wouldn't shoot thru both shoulders. But thru the boiler room, they will make a huge exit hole. Perfect deer bullet

Old 11-19-2006, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Leafrivermac

Oh yeah, you will be fine, just put it where it counts and that bullet will put em' down. Good Luck tommorrow, BTW.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Big and Chant, I've heard folk swear by them. I do usually try for the point of the shoulders broadside. I hav'nt been too happy with the Core-Lokts since I went to the 270 from the 06. I'm going to give these silvertips a try this week and see what happens. Thanks a lot.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The silvertips are nice, but you pay for them. The last box that I bought where about $6 more per box of 20 over the Core Lokts. The Core Lokt work fine for me, but then again rarely would I ever be taking a shot over 100 yards with my 270.