Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 custom modifications.....

Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington 700 custom modifications.....

Any of you guys know any trustworthy places that do custom modifications on model 700s? I don't want anything special really but at the same time I doubt I'll be able to find anyone to do what I want.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington 700 custom modifications.....

ORIGINAL: cma3366a

what is it you are looking to have done?
What I'd like is an integral box magazinethat extends down below the floorplate that holds like 7 or 8. Instead of the regular hinged floorplate. Except I'd like it to not be metal but maybe like a molded design?

It really has more to do with the way I shoot off my daypack, but the increased capacity would be nice too.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know of guys who converted from hinged floor plates to Detach mags before. Though more than 5 shots is illegal here for biggame hunting so they were stuck to factory fill capacity of the mags. I am not sure what was required to do so or costs, sorry.

Have you never used a gunsmith before? If so give him a call!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:44 PM

H-S Precision makes a detachable box magazine conversion for the Remington 700 BDL's. They also make a ten shot magazine. Not cheap, but pretty good quality - much better than the factory Remington DM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. I have talked with my gunsmith but I don't know that i trust him overmuch.

I didn't want detachable. I wanted integral. Detatchable = one more thing to go wrong and they have gotten bad reviews from most sniping sites.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I guess thats important at fantasy island.
More like a place called Logic Island. Obviously you've never visited. More parts=bad. Especially move from "internal" to "detachable". Of course they wouldn't know anything, using rifles for a living and all.

If you want to flame me take it to PM.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:26 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I guess thats important at fantasy island.
More like a place called Logic Island. Obviously you've never visited. More parts=bad. Especially move from "internal" to "detachable". Of course they wouldn't know anything, using rifles for a living and all.

If you want to flame me take it to PM.

Nah, you do a good job giving us laughs flaming yourself with silly questions. Sad part is you don't even know that you give/gave yourself away several posts back with silly questions.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I assumed you wanted a DM. I am not a sniper nor care to be one. Ihave no problems with DM's as a hunter which is the main reason I own guns. I have yet to experience a failure or the dreaded internet talk of losing my mag while hunting. Works for me.

Maybe find a smith you can TRUST.Or are youa conspiracy theory guywho just can't trust anyone.

Maybe thefantasy island commentis in reference to "want to be's". Thats my read. BC I am sorryif I put words in your mouth!

Old 11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Sorry I assumed you wanted a DM. I am not a sniper nor care to be one. Ihave no problems with DM's as a hunter which is the main reason I own guns. I have yet to experience a failure or the dreaded internet talk of losing my mag while hunting. Works for me.

Maybe thefantasy island commentis in reference to "want to be's". Thats my read. BC I am sorryif I put words in your mouth!
I've had bad experiences with Remington mags. I like integral magazines just fine. That is why I say it probably won't be easy to find what I'm looking for since it's not detachable.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 custom modifications.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.