Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My  grievances with Wal-Mart >

My grievances with Wal-Mart

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My grievances with Wal-Mart

Old 10-20-2006, 04:53 PM

Default My grievances with Wal-Mart

Whoever is in charge of ordering ammunition from my local Wal-Mart is an idiot. Every time I go there, they are out of 45 ACP 100 rd packs, which cost $22.27, but have about 8 boxes of 45 ACP 50 rd packs, which cost $20. Oh course, no one is going to buy the smaller boxes, but they only stock 1 or 2 of the 100 rd boxes a week. Furthermore, obscure rds such as the 25 WSSM are stocked with about 10 boxes. Talk about not meeting supply and demand.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:48 PM

Default RE: My grievances with Wal-Mart

I have many times come across the same oddity, where I live, the Wal Mart might keep 2 to 3 boxes of .223 ammo while at the same time they regulary keep over 10 boxes of 223 wssm in stock, I guess they are just misinformed?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

A very good friend of mine is head of sporting goods at the local Walmart.
He is constantly frustrated by the way the "big guys" do their job. They tell him how much of an item he needs and thats all he gets unless he special orders it for someone.
They stock 2 boxes of 7-08 every 10 days(approx). But carry tons of WSM cartridges that very few people around here use, etc.,etc.
One more example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing,and they don't care.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Don't know about Wal-Mart but, This time of year the popular cartridges are bought out leaving the less popular on the shelf.
It happens every year and purchase mine well in advance.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

All Wal-Marts will be different according to what they stock. They stock what is moving better or what hunters in that area are asking for.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

What can you really expect from a Wallmart?You're not dealing with a shooting store with kinowledgeable staff.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Wal-Mart can have some very unknowing people in the sporting goods section. Had a person that didn't know the difference from a Rem and a Win. Now I can see why some of the stores are quitting selling guns and ammo. Zeak
Old 10-21-2006, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Zeak

Wal-Mart can have some very unknowing people in the sporting goods section. Had a person that didn't know the difference from a Rem and a Win. Now I can see why some of the stores are quitting selling guns and ammo. Zeak
Likewise, I told a clerk in the Sporting Goods section that I would like to look at the Savage package rifle and he handed me the Remington 710, I then corrected him, and left the store. Sure if your wanting to order a firearm, then Wal Mart can get you hooked up with just about anything, but as for the people that actually work in SG most are complete morons, and big time jerks on top of that.