Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Low Recoil Loads: Different POI

Old 10-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Low Recoil Loads: Different POI

ORIGINAL: Magnum_Man_300

And on top of that I have no juniors or misses soI don't have to consider that in my opinion, and I feel lucky compared to you folks who have such things to consider. And the only reason I even tried this horrible ammo is because my friend bought some for his 300 Win Mag and wanted me to try some, And yes I did try to get the ammo zeroed in, but it would never shoot as good as my prefered factory ammo, Federal 180 GR Hot Cor Soft Point. So ipscs before you go berating an individual you need to let me speak the rest of the story.

MM300
There was no berating going on here. ipsc makes a valid point that you potentially did not consider given your own personal circumstances.
Additionally, I did not see where ipsc cut you off and did not let you "speak the rest of the story" Were you not done typing ?
BTW, Yes I use the Rem reduced recoil loads when my young daughter shoots my 270. The POI is different. However when resighted the groups were very good
Old 10-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I use the Remington .30-06 Managed Recoil loads in my rifle to make it comfortable enough for my daughter (13) to shoot. I read about the claim that you could use them along with regular loads and not have to re-zero the rifle. Then I though about my hunting situation: in the 5 seasons I've hunted, I've hunted from the same spot in a bit of woods and shots will never be over 75 yards long. Why beat myself up with the full power stuff when I don't have to? I plan to use them as my regular deer cartridge until I have need to shoot 200+ yards, or at least 100+.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Wow. A fellow hunter comes on and asks specifically about POI with a different load and gets a load of crap handed to him by someone that is obviously just trying to run their post count up. He didn't ask for anybody's opinion on how good or bad Managed Recoil loads were or validation of his decision, just technical info.

I used them for their designed purpose, for a young hunter that I didn't want to develop a flinch habit. They worked, he got his first kill and has now 'graduated' to full loads. In my opinion, they did the job.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Magnum_Man_300

And on top of that I have no juniors or misses soI don't have to consider that in my opinion, and I feel lucky compared to you folks who have such things to consider. And the only reason I even tried this horrible ammo is because my friend bought some for his 300 Win Mag and wanted me to try some, And yes I did try to get the ammo zeroed in, but it would never shoot as good as my prefered factory ammo, Federal 180 GR Hot Cor Soft Point. So ipscs before you go berating an individual you need to let me speak the rest of the story.
I wasn't trying to berate you. The gentleman asked for information about POI, and you gave that. Fine. But, then you added the gratutious swipe that"it's a waste of time and you should just use full power loads", which was totally unresponsive and irrelevant to his question. I read it as one of those chest pounding "you're not a real man unless you use full power loads" type of posts. Sorry if I misinterpreted, but I wanted to point out that there are perfectly valid reasons to use managed recoil loads.

You say you are lucky because you don't have to consider wives or juniors in forming your opinions. I consider myself lucky that I have a junior to consider, that I have a son who is developing an enjoyment of the outdoors and hunting and who I can share time with in a blind during deer season, and I feel sad for people you don't get to experience that joy.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, low recoil loads are a total waste of time. I'm probably wasting my time by putting 700-800 light cast lead loads through my deer rifle (among many other rifles) every year as practice. Maybe if I were shooting that many magnum loads per year, I'd jar something loose in my brain which would cause me to post some non-sequiter about reduced loads being junk.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

So why keep proving them right.....

You get what you give...

BTW Sorry for your loss.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

God Bless you Magnum Man 300. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

My condolences for your loss, and, as I said above, sorry if I misinterpreted and caused any of this.

Quick Reply: Low Recoil Loads: Different POI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.