Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning and Remington

Old 09-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Browning and Remington

I was recently checking out some guns at a gun shop and notice the prices for Remington 700's and Browning A-boltswere about the same (browning being slightly higher). Is one brand a little better than the other or are they really about even for the models that I named above? If I can spend a little more money or the same about and get a better gun then I probably should. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning and Remington

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who will argue this back and forth but the Browning is the better rifle regardless of the money in my opinion. There are some others in that range that are worth considering.

Tom
Old 09-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will never own another browning a-bolt because of the overdesigned but slow magazine system and the tang safety.You can't even cycle the bolt without releasing the safety.However I own a citori and I believe that it is very well made and an excellent gun.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have both brands and they have both been good to me. The top of the line Browning may be a bit better looking. Remingtons have always shot very well from the box. I would pick the one that fit me best and be happy.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:26 PM

Troutman,

I noticed that your signature says that a good day at work beats a bad day in the woods. Do you really mean that? Or do you mean that a bad day in the woods beats a good day at work...just checking.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Yup. That's what it was. I corrected itfor ya.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Just a thought, but I would consider a Savage.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:02 AM

Browning and Remington are both great shooters, and quality built guns. If these are the two you want to pick from, put them side by side and choose the one that feels the most natural when you pick it up to a shooting position from a relaxed position.

One note: One is Made in USA by a company based in USA, the other says Made in Japan by a company using the name of a great American Family to market forign made products.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Actually I don't believe brownings have ever been made in the US. Browning is simply the name of the best gun designer in history. When he couldn't get a good deal from a US gun maker on the A-5 he went over sea's and opened his own company.

Most guns in the market right now are imports of some sort or another. And a lot of them come from the same places actually.

My opinion is they are both good guns, but the browning will probably have the better fit and finnish and be prettier to look at. Providing you like brownings.

I would also suggest a Savage if you are on a budget. Not the prettiest guns but they are very functional and accurate.

Paul
Old 09-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

About the same!

Quick Reply: Browning and Remington

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.