Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning and Remington

Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning and Remington

Everyone has there favorite,mine are Remington 700's...
Old 09-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

I myself, think the a-bolts are built better and I like the bolt throw of the browning better. The browning is a better all around rifle, trigger adjusts alot easier than the remington. Browning also has glass work done from the factory.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe they are about the same, but I suspect Browning still has better quality control, especially on any guns that are made in Japan (we tauight the Japs all they know aboutquality control -now they have it, and we,ve forgotten about it!!).
Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Browning has quality!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a RUGER....problem solved
Old 10-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own both. However my 700 is my mainsaty hunting rig. I don't like the magazine system either. I also don't like the tang anymore either, used to think it was alright but now find it a pain in the butt. Bolt throw is nice and smooth but I haven't noticed a difference when it matters, in the field! Both have have been reliable and good shooters.

Pick whichever fits best and you'll be happy.

trigger adjusts alot easier than the remington
Anthony, I hate to rip on you(again) but I haven't heardmany make such a claim. My abolt required a new spring as well as honing and polishing to get to 3lbs...this seems to be the norm for most I have talked with. 700'sIMO are the easiest factory trigger to adjust(the savage accutrigger excluded of course).
Old 10-07-2006, 10:45 PM

I'm a remmington man through and through, so thats what I would go with.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

My abolt required a new spring as well as honing and polishing to get to 3lbs...this seems to be the norm for most I have talked with. 700'sIMO are the easiest factory trigger to adjust(the savage accutrigger excluded of course).
My experiences with adjusting the triggers on both has beenthat my own a-bolt required a replacement spring andmy 700s were all easily adjustable with no parts required.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned and still own both of the rifles you mention. I prefer the A-Bolt rifle over all other factory bolts with Tikka being a real close second.

The magazine system on the A-bolts is a lil too complex, but it is very nice for loading/unloading and safe handing. The 60 degree bolt throw is also very nice, especially in cold conditions when you have big bulky gloves on.

Quick Reply: Browning and Remington

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.