Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Gold Slug Gun

Old 09-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Spike

Default Browning Gold Slug Gun

Looking at new Browning Auto Stalker Gold 12 guagewith slug barrel.Anyone have one or seen any reviews on one.I would like to about a 150 range.Need to group around 2-3 at 100 Yards.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning Gold Slug Gun

I don't know about the slug barrel but I have owned a Gold since the first year Browning offered them. I have had zero problems with the gun!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a very nice gun and you'll have to pay for real nice too. But if you've been looking at them I'm sure you've seen the price tags attached.

Browning makes some sweet slug barrels and with a good scope 150 isn't out of the question for the set-up once you find the slugs it likes to digest.

But, as with any firearm the question of altimate accuracy is ........... you.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Gold Deer Hunter rifled barrel and cantilever scope mount. I've installed a Bushnell 1-4 shotgun scope on it and I can shoot table spoons at 75 yards with it. Haven't taken it to the range yet and shot on paper, but it sure was fun shooting at tablespoons in the woods. It'll be a very good shooter, and not too bad on the shoulder.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went the cheep route and purchased an Ithica slug barrel for my Gold but have not yet fired it
Old 09-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: chasu I have the Gold Deer Hunter rifled barrel and cantilever scope mount. I've installed a Bushnell 1-4 shotgun scope on it and I can shoot table spoons at 75 yards with it. Haven't taken it to the range yet and shot on paper, but it sure was fun shooting at tablespoons in the woods. It'll be a very good shooter, and not too bad on the shoulder.
Alright, I have spent more than my share in the woods. I have seen all kinds of things in the woods. Some pretty darn strange and some even more strange. But I have never seen tablespoons in the woods - or forks!
Are they in season? What is the limit on them? How do you dress them out? How do you prepare them?

Lastly.......I have also seen my fair share of tablespoons, although the tablespoons I have seen might have been a different sub-species because these were all spotted in kitchen drawers, china cabinets and on dinner tables. The spoons you were shooting must have been quite larger as I would think a shotgun would be overgunning it quite a bit.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hairtrigger I went the cheep route and purchased an Ithica slug barrel for my Gold but have not yet fired it
I always though of the Ithaca slug barrels as being darn good. I'm sure they don't have the finish the Brownings do, but their accuracy is what counts.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Dominant Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: 153

Looking at new Browning Auto Stalker Gold 12 guagewith slug barrel.Anyone have one or seen any reviews on one.I would like to about a 150 range.Need to group around 2-3 at 100 Yards.
[/quote

Gold Rifled Deer Stalker

Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 153

If you are going to spend that kind of money, and you expect a top of the line gun, I would not buy a Browning. I think the Deerslayer III's would be a much better way to spend your cash.

JC
Old 09-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: Hairtrigger I went the cheep route and purchased an Ithica slug barrel for my Gold but have not yet fired it
I always though of the Ithaca slug barrels as being darn good. I'm sure they don't have the finish the Brownings do, but their accuracy is what counts.
Well.. The barrel cost less than half of a Browning barrel. My first Ithica barrel the sight was broken and the ring was not soldered on properly and broke off before shooting it. Gander Mt replaced the barrel no questions asked. They were also familure with Ithica's warranty which all added together made me think...
Ithica is now owned by a guy about an hour and a half from here