Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Deer Rifle >

New Deer Rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Deer Rifle

Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 PM

Default RE: New Deer Rifle

Got some ideas, now go lay hands on them all.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Aight stubble, if you're calling me out, ill ablige you. I will shoot a few groups tomorrow for you guys. I shoot 5 shot groups also. My remington sendero 7mm saum will average moa. The browning 30-06 will avergae 1/2 moa. I'm glad you guys don't believe me though, that makes it more satisfying. It's a stock medallion but i shoot handloaded 150gr nosler accubonds. I shot 3 five shot groups with a .744 average using factory federal cheap ammo. I'll post the pics tomorrow, unless I have a bad day at the range. I just loaded a batch a couple days ago.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

As I responded to James,we hear aboutso many 1/2 moa guns on the net,but we see so few 1/2moa groups posted.I have seen many 1/2 moa groups fired,but I have seen many,manymore people claim1/2 moa groups that could not shoot themconsistantly when asked to back up their claims.If you are able to post a few 1/2 moa groups firedwith a stock A bolt,I will indeedbe impressed.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

I'll try my best tomorrow bro. I like the accuracy I get with the accubonds but they're not alot better than the, 10$ a box federals I bought when I first got it. I've only shot probably 8-10 groups since I've had it. The best was .37_something, can't remember. I usually dont keep my targets, as I just use a bullseye on a cardboard box, but i'll try to get some good groups and post some pics tomorrow. The browning definetly outshoots the sendero and the accubonds definetly outshoot the federals. And I still think the rifle outshoots me.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Typical Buck

This ismy a-bolt medallion, topped with a leupold vx-III 3.5x10 40mm scope on leupold std bases and low rings. They have a nice look to them. The gloss colored scope leupold makes is a perfect match to the gloss blue browning steel.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:57 AM

Look at them all, and get a feel for them side by side if you can. Buying from statistics and heresay will only give you a theoretical based decision. In the end, its important that the gun feel right for you. (Those darned CZ are so tempting aren't they?!)
Old 09-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The gun must fit you,and the scope must be mountedto fityou as well.The person mounting the scope must have you present to test the eye relief before tightening the rings.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 AM

I know I need to test them all out before I buy but I'd just like to have a few things in mind before I go. Maybe I'll get the Leupold VX-III 3.5-10
Old 09-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

That 3.5x10 gives you a good view at both ends of the hunting spectrum. 3.5x is plenty small enough for steady shots in the woods and 10x will put you on a long shot over a field.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

The gun must fit you,and the scope must be mountedto fityou as well.The person mounting the scope must have you present to test the eye relief before tightening the rings.
That is a good statement. You have to have something that will fit you. make sure your scope, when you throw the rifle up to your face, is focused in right to your eye at low power. leupold has about 4in eye relief at low power. I think you'll find that purchasing a factory rifle will end up being based on your opinion of which feels the best for you.

Quick Reply: New Deer Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.