Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Is a Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter to small?? >

Is a Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter to small??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is a Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter to small??

Old 09-01-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Is a Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter to small??

I have just ordered a Browning Micro Hunter 300WSM. I went ahead and ordered the rifle because I got it at $30 over cost. I couldn't refuse the deal. I am concerned about the size of it. The stock is a quarter inch smaller than the A-bolt Hunter. I think it will be O.k. but any responses would be great. I have gone to a coulpe different dealers to see if I could shoulder one but they do not have the Micro in stock.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM

Default RE: Is a Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter to small??

The difference in LOP between the Micro and the stalker is 7/16". But I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference for you. Nothing you couldn't get used to thats for sure.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, a shorter LOP may be advantageous in cold weather (if you are wearing several layers of clothing). It might make it just about right. Just something to consider. If it's still too short, add a slip on recoil pad to pick up a little length.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

It's not really that much smaller. it's chopped at both ends, the stock isnt much different, the short barrel is what really makes it small.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PBMcGowan

I have just ordered a Browning Micro Hunter 300WSM. I went ahead and ordered the rifle because I got it at $30 over cost. I couldn't refuse the deal. I am concerned about the size of it. The stock is a quarter inch smaller than the A-bolt Hunter. I think it will be O.k. but any responses would be great. I have gone to a coulpe different dealers to see if I could shoulder one but they do not have the Micro in stock.
How cold does it get where you hunt? If you wear thick, warm winter clothing while hunting, the short stock will be an ADVANTAGE, not a drawback!