Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Browning Micro Eclipse limb bolt question >

Browning Micro Eclipse limb bolt question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Browning Micro Eclipse limb bolt question

Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Browning Micro Eclipse limb bolt question

Anyone know how may full turns will safely hold the limbs on this bow?? I need to drop the poundage a little more for my 7 yr old and was thinking about just putting in press and taking apart so I knew how many full turns I had in the riser to get the absolute lowest poundage until he gets the hang of shooting a real bow.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Default RE: Browning Micro Eclipse limb bolt question

I have had the Micro Eclipse and Micro Adrenaline for my kids. In my experience there is more than the bow can stand. By this I mean that there is a point where there is just too much slop in the strings/cables to be safe let alone efficient. You can reach that point with this bow. While I would agree that is you have a press or access to one, Ideally you could start at the point of slack and work your way back in by tightening to a point that is safe to shoot. You gotta be careful that you don't get enough slack that the cables or string jump off. That could not only injure the child but make them afraid of that bow for a long time and have a fear of it happening again for life. I know good semi pro shooters that have had bows blow up and they have target panic they can't resolve. They are ruined.
I think this should answer your question.

Dryridge