Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what about browning 30-06 bar

Old 07-30-2006, 09:48 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: what about browning 30-06 bar

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

You know it ain't worth it.
a. Especially when you never owned one b. When your dead wrong about the gun
OEH, whats your deal. One, yes I have, and told you plenty of times about it. It was a 30-06 that shot an honest .9" groups probably 2 groups out of three at 100 yards with federal 165gr gamekings, just as good as any bolt I have.Two, I usually only call you, cause I thought we were buds and now all the sudden, this judgement calls on things you have no idea bout and no freakin clue what I have or what I don't cause you never really ask. Three, read the freakin post,it means they shoot much better than 2MOA. In other words, they shoot well. In other words they are accurate. Goodness, not sure how someone can't understand the post. But you managed too. And lastly, I have said and always will say the bar is much better a gun than the 7400 as far as mechanics, trigger and overall fit and feel, but I do have one 7400 that shoots a good 1.5MOA. Its rare but I got one, and like it.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:27 PM

I have hunted with a BAR for over 20 years, my father has hunted with a BAR for over 30 years. In all those years we have had it become a single shot only once, and that was really my fault. I had hunted for a week in heavy rains up in Canada, then I came down to Maine and hunted all season without cleaning the action out. I shot a deer, then I shot to help my buddies find me to help drag it out. After the 4th shot or so it didn't kick a shell all the way out. Truthfully, I have had more difficulty with bolt actions, probably just because I am not used to them.

I was trying to figure it out, probably between us we have shot more than 30 deer 3 moose and various other things with BAR's and never had any issues. I have never heard anyone familliar with them ever mention anything about poor accuracy with them, I have the boss system on mine, and it certainly shoots more accurately than I can.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

The BAR is definetly a cut above the rest. Worth every penny IMO. Shoot awesome with hardly any recoil in my dads 30-06. I love that rifle. I just bought an a-bolt medallion and its also extremely accurate. 1/2 minute all day. I can get under minute with the ole mans semi.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:39 AM

All that being said, $500 still does sound a little on the higher end for a 30 year old gun. The new bar's have a different gas ejection system, and a lever that lets you close the magazine when you go empty, which is very nice to have. They also have some with the boss system, and some lighter weight models. I thought they were going in the $800 ish range, you might want to check with some used gun stores to make sure you are being used well.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Banned

I would rather get this one if I wanted a 30.06 Bar. They put these out this year. HCH

Old 08-04-2006, 08:24 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I would rather get this one if I wanted a 30.06 Bar. They put these out this year. HCH

Well, not sure how functional it would be in serious deer woods, but it looks nice to pose with.