Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun storage? >

Gun storage?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun storage?

Old 06-30-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Gun storage?

Before I can get another gun my mom says I have to get something to lock my guns up in. What do you guys suggest? I would like something I can store plenty of ammo in too. It doesn't have to be real fancy or stout, I just need something cheap. Thanks for any replies.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun storage?

Bass Pro Shops has a decent safe for about $699. Fire rated, very secure, and holds lots of guns and accessories.

If that's more than you want to spend, you can get what they call gun cabinets. Stack-on makes a couple that might fit your needs, but they are not considered "safes." Not fire resistant, not heavy, but they do lock and are hard to get into.

If you have the money, get the safe, if not, a cabinet will do for now. Bass Pro Shops carries both. I think the cheapest cabinet is about $99.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:56 PM

Don't forget to check your local Dick's Sporting Goods, Dunham's or similar. Even Walmart, although they are very seasonal in their inventory. I gota cabinetfor at my cabin for during vacation time for about $80. Only big enough for 8 rifles and a little more but if you need cheap you aren't going to get one that's very big.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148246

Cheap but what you are looking for.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:39 AM

I might get that put together one, I wish they made a bigger size though. Do they?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Banned

On a kids income Iwould see if you can get an old school locker or two. These are cheap or free. Contact the schools or run an ad.HCH
Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

On a kids income Iwould see if you can get an old school locker or two. These are cheap or free. Contact the schools or run an ad.HCH
This is actually a great idea! Never really thought of it. The one white tail posted is not bad either. It's the stack on I bought for $99. I worked until I could afford a real safe. Now I use it for ammo and cleaning supplies I don't want my kids to get to.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tykempster

Before I can get another gun my mom says I have to get something to lock my guns up in. What do you guys suggest? I would like something I can store plenty of ammo in too. It doesn't have to be real fancy or stout, I just need something cheap. Thanks for any replies.
If you don't want to spend a lot of money, get a GI surplus steel wall locker or two, and a couple of good padlocks!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:32 PM

A friend of mine works for UP, and he got me a surplus trackside signal box some years ago. Made a few modifuications, and it makes a god security box for a very cheap investment.