Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 small low power scope >

small low power scope

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

small low power scope

Old 07-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: small low power scope

Thanks for the advice everyone, but readthe thread, I have 3 different deer rifles, and only one of them has see-thru mounts. I'm sighting this gun in for 100yrds and don't expect to ever take a shot further with it. I already own a nice .308 bolt gun with a low mounted scope.
Any other suggestions for small, fixed power scopes?
Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: small low power scope

I've recently been buying older (50's and 60's issue) Weaver fixed2.5X, 3X and 4X scopes. I've been snatching them up because I've been looking for the old Post and Crosshair reticle and it's one of the few available with it. Granted, they are older, and even the best ones I've found are not extremely bright, but they are fine for 100 yards......some are quite clear.
Don't know what kind of reticle you are looking for but the old 4X Weaver are available with a few different reticles. You gotta know your Weavers and e-mail your questions to the seller on E-bay. There are some old beauties out there.