HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   NRA Mailed me this today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/142091-nra-mailed-me-today.html)

ipscshooter 05-10-2006 07:43 PM

RE: NRA Mailed me this today

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Well said RED......As was said, ANY gunowner that is NOT a member of the NRA should be ashamed of themselves and can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. They are FREELOADERS. There are 80,000,000 gun owners in this country, yet the NRA has less than 4,000,000 members. WTF is wrong with that picture???
As with life generally, lots of folks are too lazy or too cheap to pull their own weight. If all 80 million gun owners were NRA members, we wouldn't have to be worried aboutour gun rights. They would be unassailable. For those who don't get it... International treaties take precedence over our Constitutional Rights. Do you REALLY want the Third World dictating whether you can own a firearm? If you aren't an NRA member... THEY are working harder at taking your rights than YOUare at protecting yours. You can bitch and moan and whine and complain about funds solicitations, but if you aren't a member, you're not doing your share. You don't have to ante up every time NRA solicits but, damn, at least join the only pro-gun group with real political clout. The more members we have, the more clout we have.

JagMagMan 05-10-2006 09:13 PM

First of all I agree 100% with what Red and the other pro NRA posters have said!
Second, I"ll add these thoughts to the pro NRA side:
The only reason guns are STILL legal today, is because of the NRA"s efforts!
With 4,000,000 members, we are keeping ahead of the Anti's that would give their last penny to see guns banned in America! IF half of the 80,000,000 Americans belonged to the NRA, the threat of ANY gun ban would be totally unheard of!
Dropping the NRA because of a phone call every now and then, is about as lame of an excuse as I've ever heard of for not being an NRA member! Maybe some can financially afford to be NRA members easier than others, BUT, you don't HAVE to give every time that they call!
YOU get a lot from just being a member, and the NRA gets more clout with more members!
Lastly, we hear these same lines all the time, "gun bans will never happen in America" and "I'd die before they get my guns!" Well, the first statement is a pipe dream! As I've said, without the NRA guns would already be history!
The second statement is very true for many of us passionate gun owners! The basic principle of "freedom" through gun ownership, is something that many of us would die for!
However, if you are not willing to give a few bucks a year to the BEST GUN RIGHTS DEFENDERS ON EARTH, the NRA, then I doubt very seriously that you'd die for your guns if they can to take them away from you!
If you are passionate about guns and freedom, put a little money where your mouth is! Don't just freeload off of the 4,000,000 members, or kid your selves that the Anti's are not serious about getting ALL guns outlawed! Join the NRA! If not, don't expect the NRA (us) to come bail you out when the Feds are at your door! We'll be busy dying for our freedom and YOURS, but it will be too late then!

Vapodog 05-10-2006 09:31 PM

Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms.
Bull$hit

handloader1 05-10-2006 11:23 PM

Thank God we have the NRA!!! :D:D:D

hardcorehunter 05-11-2006 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms.
Bull$hit
That's what Canada, England, and Austraila said.

derekt28 05-11-2006 06:55 AM

Here's how Wayne sketches the pictureIF Hillary becomes President in 08.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/5/9/204350.shtml?s=lh

It's an eye opener.

VT_Hunter1980 05-11-2006 07:20 AM

If a gun ban is enacted in the USA, it is then time to rebel, even if that means giving up our lives. The constitution is only meaningful if people are willing to die to defend it.

SHoNUFF 05-11-2006 07:45 AM

if it came to a "civil" style war. I like to think that our boys in the armed forces will not attack american civilians on American soil. There may be a few military rolling around the streets but unless they are getting attack/shot at i dout they would be willing to kill there own people. Which brings me to this point. In the case of having to "stand up and rebel" who would you be rebeling against. in the past the enemy has been pretty open and out there easy to tell one from the other. Now we are talking about a few people scattered here and there that make/support/pass the laws. Would you rebel with violence or would you rebel in force of people? I dont think like the figures listed above that 4million ppl would make a very big dent in the minds of the idiots that pass our laws if there are 76million owners not willing to voice there minds and support of 2nd amendment.

not saying anything is like agreeing to ban all guns.

Rebel Hog 05-11-2006 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Like his fundraising efforts or not, Wayne LaPierre should be THANKED DAILY by every single gun owner in this nation. I thank God that the NRA has a balsy pitbull like Wayne running the show (the President of the NRA is just a PR person and poltical figurehead, Wayne "Gets R Dun") instead of some weak, head in the sand, wet finger in the air type of "leader" who would've let the NRA slide into oblivion during the Clinton administration.

I don't see what is wrong with the email, our nations only enemy isn'tjust the libbies/Damocraps but an ever growing threat IS the UN and their one world eliteists!!! If all this "anti Bush" rhetoric is true and we are in for a overhaul in D.C. this November then each and EVERY member on this board needs to start giving till it hurts too the NRA and begin NOW!!!
RA
That's a big 10-4, good buddy!

VT_Hunter1980 05-11-2006 08:16 AM

ORIGINAL: SHoNUFF

if it came to a "civil" style war. I like to think that our boys in the armed forces will not attack american civilians on American soil. There may be a few military rolling around the streets but unless they are getting attack/shot at i dout they would be willing to kill there own people. Which brings me to this point. In the case of having to "stand up and rebel" who would you be rebeling against. in the past the enemy has been pretty open and out there easy to tell one from the other. Now we are talking about a few people scattered here and there that make/support/pass the laws. Would you rebel with violence or would you rebel in force of people? I dont think like the figures listed above that 4million ppl would make a very big dent in the minds of the idiots that pass our laws if there are 76million owners not willing to voice there minds and support of 2nd amendment.

not saying anything is like agreeing to ban all guns.
The first step, of course, is widescale civil disobedience. One could potentially try the angle that the erosion of even one part of the constitution is an erosion of the whole thing. The 2nd amendment goes today, tomorrow the first and fourth. There are non gun owners, believe it or not, who believe in the right to bear arms.

As you said, there are likely to be member of law enforcement and the military who will defy the unconstitutional law. I'm willing to bet that LEOs in certain rural areas will out and out refuse to participate in gun seizures. We will have allies.

As far as a methodology. Band together and refuse to give them up, but don't fire them at anyone unless fired upon first. It is never politically good for a government to order it's forces to fire on civilians.