HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   NRA Mailed me this today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/142091-nra-mailed-me-today.html)

SHoNUFF 05-10-2006 10:20 AM

NRA Mailed me this today

Dear Fellow American,
This 4th of July, while you and your family celebrate the 230th Anniversary of the founding of our great nation, there's one party you won't be invited to...
...And that's the party that Kofi Annan is throwing at United Nations headquarters in New York -- using your tax dollars -- for nearly fifty dictatorships, six terrorist states, governments that endorse execution based on religious faith, and a multitude of other nations from around the globe.
You see, this party isn't to honor your freedoms -- but to conspire to take them away.
Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms.
That means your rifles, your shotguns and your handguns. AND YOUR FREEDOM!
To learn what you can do to stop the U.N.'s global gun ban treaty-before it destroys our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms visit www.stopungunban.org.
Just as a handful of patriots fired the "shot heard 'round the world" at Concord Bridge, it's up to you and me and every patriot who cherishes our Bill of Rights to tell the world today that our nation will not be bullied by the U.N.
Thank you for acting today.
Wayne LaPierre
Executive Vice President
National Rifle Association of America

GRIZZLYMAN 05-10-2006 10:51 AM

RE: NRA Mailed me this today

Yeah, I dropped the NRA like a bad habit a few years back, because every time I turned around they were trying to get into my pocket. They ask for more money than my church. I would consider re-joining the NRA if Wayne La Pierre would leave.

ipscshooter 05-10-2006 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Yeah, I dropped the NRA like a bad habit a few years back, because every time I turned around they were trying to get into my pocket. They ask for more money than my church. I would consider re-joining the NRA if Wayne La Pierre would leave.
You do realize that international treatiestake precedence over the Constitution... don't you?

RedAllison 05-10-2006 12:11 PM

Like his fundraising efforts or not, Wayne LaPierre should be THANKED DAILY by every single gun owner in this nation. I thank God that the NRA has a balsy pitbull like Wayne running the show (the President of the NRA is just a PR person and poltical figurehead, Wayne "Gets R Dun") instead of some weak, head in the sand, wet finger in the air type of "leader" who would've let the NRA slide into oblivion during the Clinton administration.

I don't see what is wrong with the email, our nations only enemy isn'tjust the libbies/Damocraps but an ever growing threat IS the UN and their one world eliteists!!! If all this "anti Bush" rhetoric is true and we are in for a overhaul in D.C. this November then each and EVERY member on this board needs to start giving till it hurts too the NRA and begin NOW!!!
RA

ipscshooter 05-10-2006 12:40 PM

Exactly... Think about what the attack on our rights will look like with Hillary Clinton as President and Joe Biden as the Senate Majority Leader.

Any gun owner who is not currently a member of NRA is not doing his part to keep our rights intact.

SHoNUFF 05-10-2006 02:40 PM

You do realize that international treatiestake precedence over the Constitution... don't you?
would you give up your firearms for any peice of paper? i think not, Either way they will have a hell of a fight on tehre hands trying to inact the law.

RedAllison 05-10-2006 03:50 PM

Shonuff if it weren't for "that piece of paper" none of us would have ANY guns right now. THANK GOD our brilliant forefathers had the sense to rank firearm ownership second ONLY too free speech, I think that showed where their concerns were. It (the 2nd amendment) is also the ONLY thing that has kept the likes of the Kennedy's, Clintoons and other libbieclowns from the wholesale and outright BAN and attempted confiscation.

I think to many gunowners think that just because they have the guns in their hands then everything is alright, lawmakers be damned. But what good are our guns if we can't use them? How useful are they gonna be if we get the cops called on us everytime someone hears a gunshot, or see them in our trucks while hunting? What good would they do us if all they meant were constant harrassement and visits by Johnny Law after we take them out of hiding everytime?

The laws to openly carry, use and collect our guns is equally as important as the laws allowing our ownership of them in the first place. To many people also think that gun use, hunting, target practice, gunplay etc is a guaranteed right. It is NOT! The 2nd Amendment said our rights to own guns shall not be infringed (somehow even that law has been trumped since the gun laws of the 30s become common practice across the land!) but that Amendment doesn't guarantee our rights to own reloading equipment, make our own bullets nor does it have ANYTHING to do with hunting itself. Such activities are privileges, NOT rights. The Damocraps like Billary Clintoon and Chuckie Shumacher understand that just as well as the NRA. It is only because of the relentless fight of the NRA that ANY of us still have our privileges.

As was said, ANY gunowner that is NOT a member of the NRA should be ashamed of themselves and can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. They are FREELOADERS. There are 80,000,000 gun owners in this country, yet the NRA has less than 4,000,000 members. WTF is wrong with that picture???

Let me tell you guys ANOTHER thing, the BATFE (or ATF as it's most commonly known) is an un-constitutional law enforcement agency to begin with (NO WHERE in the Treasury Dept.s charter was it given enforcement rights, that's the job of the Dept. of Justice!) is a liberal, govt. agency whose members/employees are OVERWHELMINGLY Damocraps and anti-gun. Why do you think Clintoon used them for his citizen killing sprees in Waco and Ruby Ridge? Most in the FBI and Justice Dept. know, understand and LOVE the constitution, they know the truth and would've told even the President to stick it up his Arkansas arse had he ordered them to perform such public executions. It was ONLY after the lamearses at the ATF botched everything up so bad and got agents hurt that the FBI was brought in to mop up and "fix things" after they already were to bad.

Another thing that really CHAPS me about the ATF is something I have began to see since their posterboy Clintoon left office. They (ATF) has basically made ANY and ALL FFL holders/dealers their own "Enemy #1". They (ATF) have figured out that it is MUCH easier to make it more inconvenient to buy guns and to rid the marketplace of gundealers than it is to outright ban and stop guns in the first place. Everyone seems to have forgotten that it was the Clinton Administration who single handedly revoked 250,000 YES 1/4 of a MILLION FFLs during their 8 years of domestic terrorism we called "the Clinton Era". The ATF has seen too it to keep that momentum up. Let me tell you, that Wal-Mart's recent decision to drop guns from many stores isn't STRICTLY because the brass decided to yank them for economic reasons. They (the individual Wal-Mart stores) were in many instances REVOKED of their FFL. I know of over 10 FFL gun dealers here in west TN that have had their licenses YANKED within the last few years. I don't mean 10 guys pushing illegal guns from their garage. I mean FAMILY RUN/OWNED, well established hunting/fishing/pawn shops who had been reputable dealers for DECADES!!!

And I don't mean they were yanked for fraudulent or justifiable reasons like straw purchases or not requiring 4473s to be filled out. I mean sending in their pointy headed, libbie pinkofag agents to FIND the slightest violations (typically something as simple as a signature being signed on the wrong line, or the right box not being checked) and then recommending revokation of the license. The ATF knows that all they have to do is send a simple letter in the mail revoking the license and that starts the dealers downfall. The MINIMUM cost too any dealer for a drawnout "suspension/revocation hearing" is $25K... MINIMUM!!! Lawyers and hoops at court and time, that's just what it adds up too. And again that's MINIMUM. Typically it costs twice that to keep your license when it's all said and done. They (ATF) know that most mom and poppers just can't afford it or don't want to fight the federal govt so they just throwout the whiteflag and then we have one less gun dealer in town.

YES I GET LIVID when talking about these MURDEROUS, LIBERAL, COMMUNISTIC, ANTI-GUN, ANTI-AMERICAN, ONE WORLD ELITEISTS known as the BATFE and their boofoo buddies in the Damocrap party! [:@]
RA

ps
I'll tell you just how much I despise the Aholes in the ATF. If tomorrow a bunch of FBI agents surrounded my house and ordered me out, I would walk out the front door, unarmed and want to speak with John Ashcroft. If however that same group were ATF agents and all I saw were black trucks, black choppers and everyone had on navy blue coats with big yellow ATF letters on the back... I know I would die in a hail of bullets but you can bet yourazz I would take a couple of them with me first, NO questions asked!!!

AmericanPioneer 05-10-2006 07:02 PM

Ive got 2 friends I chat with time to time in the UK and let me tell you we have got it good when it comes to gun rights, knife rights, etc. Their laws are rediculous.

hardcorehunter 05-10-2006 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

I have seen this type of statement before on other forums and if it wasn't for the NRA we would not have gun rights in America; period.Look at Australia,England, Canada, and other places in the world. We can't take our gun rights for granted in the United States; hellour childrencan't even say the pledge of allegience in public schools. Who would have ever thought that would have happened? Sure the NRA sends a lot of solicitations for donations; but that is no reason not to join. I'm a LIFETIME MEMBER and proud of it.

hardcorehunter 05-10-2006 07:20 PM

Well said RED......As was said, ANY gunowner that is NOT a member of the NRA should be ashamed of themselves and can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. They are FREELOADERS. There are 80,000,000 gun owners in this country, yet the NRA has less than 4,000,000 members. WTF is wrong with that picture???