HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   NRA Mailed me this today (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/142091-nra-mailed-me-today.html)

SHoNUFF 05-10-2006 10:20 AM

NRA Mailed me this today

Dear Fellow American,
This 4th of July, while you and your family celebrate the 230th Anniversary of the founding of our great nation, there's one party you won't be invited to...
...And that's the party that Kofi Annan is throwing at United Nations headquarters in New York -- using your tax dollars -- for nearly fifty dictatorships, six terrorist states, governments that endorse execution based on religious faith, and a multitude of other nations from around the globe.
You see, this party isn't to honor your freedoms -- but to conspire to take them away.
Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms.
That means your rifles, your shotguns and your handguns. AND YOUR FREEDOM!
To learn what you can do to stop the U.N.'s global gun ban treaty-before it destroys our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms visit www.stopungunban.org.
Just as a handful of patriots fired the "shot heard 'round the world" at Concord Bridge, it's up to you and me and every patriot who cherishes our Bill of Rights to tell the world today that our nation will not be bullied by the U.N.
Thank you for acting today.
Wayne LaPierre
Executive Vice President
National Rifle Association of America

GRIZZLYMAN 05-10-2006 10:51 AM

RE: NRA Mailed me this today

Yeah, I dropped the NRA like a bad habit a few years back, because every time I turned around they were trying to get into my pocket. They ask for more money than my church. I would consider re-joining the NRA if Wayne La Pierre would leave.

ipscshooter 05-10-2006 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

Yeah, I dropped the NRA like a bad habit a few years back, because every time I turned around they were trying to get into my pocket. They ask for more money than my church. I would consider re-joining the NRA if Wayne La Pierre would leave.
You do realize that international treatiestake precedence over the Constitution... don't you?

RedAllison 05-10-2006 12:11 PM

Like his fundraising efforts or not, Wayne LaPierre should be THANKED DAILY by every single gun owner in this nation. I thank God that the NRA has a balsy pitbull like Wayne running the show (the President of the NRA is just a PR person and poltical figurehead, Wayne "Gets R Dun") instead of some weak, head in the sand, wet finger in the air type of "leader" who would've let the NRA slide into oblivion during the Clinton administration.

I don't see what is wrong with the email, our nations only enemy isn'tjust the libbies/Damocraps but an ever growing threat IS the UN and their one world eliteists!!! If all this "anti Bush" rhetoric is true and we are in for a overhaul in D.C. this November then each and EVERY member on this board needs to start giving till it hurts too the NRA and begin NOW!!!
RA

ipscshooter 05-10-2006 12:40 PM

Exactly... Think about what the attack on our rights will look like with Hillary Clinton as President and Joe Biden as the Senate Majority Leader.

Any gun owner who is not currently a member of NRA is not doing his part to keep our rights intact.

SHoNUFF 05-10-2006 02:40 PM

You do realize that international treatiestake precedence over the Constitution... don't you?
would you give up your firearms for any peice of paper? i think not, Either way they will have a hell of a fight on tehre hands trying to inact the law.

RedAllison 05-10-2006 03:50 PM

Shonuff if it weren't for "that piece of paper" none of us would have ANY guns right now. THANK GOD our brilliant forefathers had the sense to rank firearm ownership second ONLY too free speech, I think that showed where their concerns were. It (the 2nd amendment) is also the ONLY thing that has kept the likes of the Kennedy's, Clintoons and other libbieclowns from the wholesale and outright BAN and attempted confiscation.

I think to many gunowners think that just because they have the guns in their hands then everything is alright, lawmakers be damned. But what good are our guns if we can't use them? How useful are they gonna be if we get the cops called on us everytime someone hears a gunshot, or see them in our trucks while hunting? What good would they do us if all they meant were constant harrassement and visits by Johnny Law after we take them out of hiding everytime?

The laws to openly carry, use and collect our guns is equally as important as the laws allowing our ownership of them in the first place. To many people also think that gun use, hunting, target practice, gunplay etc is a guaranteed right. It is NOT! The 2nd Amendment said our rights to own guns shall not be infringed (somehow even that law has been trumped since the gun laws of the 30s become common practice across the land!) but that Amendment doesn't guarantee our rights to own reloading equipment, make our own bullets nor does it have ANYTHING to do with hunting itself. Such activities are privileges, NOT rights. The Damocraps like Billary Clintoon and Chuckie Shumacher understand that just as well as the NRA. It is only because of the relentless fight of the NRA that ANY of us still have our privileges.

As was said, ANY gunowner that is NOT a member of the NRA should be ashamed of themselves and can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. They are FREELOADERS. There are 80,000,000 gun owners in this country, yet the NRA has less than 4,000,000 members. WTF is wrong with that picture???

Let me tell you guys ANOTHER thing, the BATFE (or ATF as it's most commonly known) is an un-constitutional law enforcement agency to begin with (NO WHERE in the Treasury Dept.s charter was it given enforcement rights, that's the job of the Dept. of Justice!) is a liberal, govt. agency whose members/employees are OVERWHELMINGLY Damocraps and anti-gun. Why do you think Clintoon used them for his citizen killing sprees in Waco and Ruby Ridge? Most in the FBI and Justice Dept. know, understand and LOVE the constitution, they know the truth and would've told even the President to stick it up his Arkansas arse had he ordered them to perform such public executions. It was ONLY after the lamearses at the ATF botched everything up so bad and got agents hurt that the FBI was brought in to mop up and "fix things" after they already were to bad.

Another thing that really CHAPS me about the ATF is something I have began to see since their posterboy Clintoon left office. They (ATF) has basically made ANY and ALL FFL holders/dealers their own "Enemy #1". They (ATF) have figured out that it is MUCH easier to make it more inconvenient to buy guns and to rid the marketplace of gundealers than it is to outright ban and stop guns in the first place. Everyone seems to have forgotten that it was the Clinton Administration who single handedly revoked 250,000 YES 1/4 of a MILLION FFLs during their 8 years of domestic terrorism we called "the Clinton Era". The ATF has seen too it to keep that momentum up. Let me tell you, that Wal-Mart's recent decision to drop guns from many stores isn't STRICTLY because the brass decided to yank them for economic reasons. They (the individual Wal-Mart stores) were in many instances REVOKED of their FFL. I know of over 10 FFL gun dealers here in west TN that have had their licenses YANKED within the last few years. I don't mean 10 guys pushing illegal guns from their garage. I mean FAMILY RUN/OWNED, well established hunting/fishing/pawn shops who had been reputable dealers for DECADES!!!

And I don't mean they were yanked for fraudulent or justifiable reasons like straw purchases or not requiring 4473s to be filled out. I mean sending in their pointy headed, libbie pinkofag agents to FIND the slightest violations (typically something as simple as a signature being signed on the wrong line, or the right box not being checked) and then recommending revokation of the license. The ATF knows that all they have to do is send a simple letter in the mail revoking the license and that starts the dealers downfall. The MINIMUM cost too any dealer for a drawnout "suspension/revocation hearing" is $25K... MINIMUM!!! Lawyers and hoops at court and time, that's just what it adds up too. And again that's MINIMUM. Typically it costs twice that to keep your license when it's all said and done. They (ATF) know that most mom and poppers just can't afford it or don't want to fight the federal govt so they just throwout the whiteflag and then we have one less gun dealer in town.

YES I GET LIVID when talking about these MURDEROUS, LIBERAL, COMMUNISTIC, ANTI-GUN, ANTI-AMERICAN, ONE WORLD ELITEISTS known as the BATFE and their boofoo buddies in the Damocrap party! [:@]
RA

ps
I'll tell you just how much I despise the Aholes in the ATF. If tomorrow a bunch of FBI agents surrounded my house and ordered me out, I would walk out the front door, unarmed and want to speak with John Ashcroft. If however that same group were ATF agents and all I saw were black trucks, black choppers and everyone had on navy blue coats with big yellow ATF letters on the back... I know I would die in a hail of bullets but you can bet yourazz I would take a couple of them with me first, NO questions asked!!!

AmericanPioneer 05-10-2006 07:02 PM

Ive got 2 friends I chat with time to time in the UK and let me tell you we have got it good when it comes to gun rights, knife rights, etc. Their laws are rediculous.

hardcorehunter 05-10-2006 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

I have seen this type of statement before on other forums and if it wasn't for the NRA we would not have gun rights in America; period.Look at Australia,England, Canada, and other places in the world. We can't take our gun rights for granted in the United States; hellour childrencan't even say the pledge of allegience in public schools. Who would have ever thought that would have happened? Sure the NRA sends a lot of solicitations for donations; but that is no reason not to join. I'm a LIFETIME MEMBER and proud of it.

hardcorehunter 05-10-2006 07:20 PM

Well said RED......As was said, ANY gunowner that is NOT a member of the NRA should be ashamed of themselves and can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. They are FREELOADERS. There are 80,000,000 gun owners in this country, yet the NRA has less than 4,000,000 members. WTF is wrong with that picture???

ipscshooter 05-10-2006 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Well said RED......As was said, ANY gunowner that is NOT a member of the NRA should be ashamed of themselves and can go jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. They are FREELOADERS. There are 80,000,000 gun owners in this country, yet the NRA has less than 4,000,000 members. WTF is wrong with that picture???
As with life generally, lots of folks are too lazy or too cheap to pull their own weight. If all 80 million gun owners were NRA members, we wouldn't have to be worried aboutour gun rights. They would be unassailable. For those who don't get it... International treaties take precedence over our Constitutional Rights. Do you REALLY want the Third World dictating whether you can own a firearm? If you aren't an NRA member... THEY are working harder at taking your rights than YOUare at protecting yours. You can bitch and moan and whine and complain about funds solicitations, but if you aren't a member, you're not doing your share. You don't have to ante up every time NRA solicits but, damn, at least join the only pro-gun group with real political clout. The more members we have, the more clout we have.

JagMagMan 05-10-2006 09:13 PM

First of all I agree 100% with what Red and the other pro NRA posters have said!
Second, I"ll add these thoughts to the pro NRA side:
The only reason guns are STILL legal today, is because of the NRA"s efforts!
With 4,000,000 members, we are keeping ahead of the Anti's that would give their last penny to see guns banned in America! IF half of the 80,000,000 Americans belonged to the NRA, the threat of ANY gun ban would be totally unheard of!
Dropping the NRA because of a phone call every now and then, is about as lame of an excuse as I've ever heard of for not being an NRA member! Maybe some can financially afford to be NRA members easier than others, BUT, you don't HAVE to give every time that they call!
YOU get a lot from just being a member, and the NRA gets more clout with more members!
Lastly, we hear these same lines all the time, "gun bans will never happen in America" and "I'd die before they get my guns!" Well, the first statement is a pipe dream! As I've said, without the NRA guns would already be history!
The second statement is very true for many of us passionate gun owners! The basic principle of "freedom" through gun ownership, is something that many of us would die for!
However, if you are not willing to give a few bucks a year to the BEST GUN RIGHTS DEFENDERS ON EARTH, the NRA, then I doubt very seriously that you'd die for your guns if they can to take them away from you!
If you are passionate about guns and freedom, put a little money where your mouth is! Don't just freeload off of the 4,000,000 members, or kid your selves that the Anti's are not serious about getting ALL guns outlawed! Join the NRA! If not, don't expect the NRA (us) to come bail you out when the Feds are at your door! We'll be busy dying for our freedom and YOURS, but it will be too late then!

Vapodog 05-10-2006 09:31 PM

Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms.
Bull$hit

handloader1 05-10-2006 11:23 PM

Thank God we have the NRA!!! :D:D:D

hardcorehunter 05-11-2006 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

Bull$hit
That's what Canada, England, and Austraila said.

derekt28 05-11-2006 06:55 AM

Here's how Wayne sketches the pictureIF Hillary becomes President in 08.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/5/9/204350.shtml?s=lh

It's an eye opener.

VT_Hunter1980 05-11-2006 07:20 AM

If a gun ban is enacted in the USA, it is then time to rebel, even if that means giving up our lives. The constitution is only meaningful if people are willing to die to defend it.

SHoNUFF 05-11-2006 07:45 AM

if it came to a "civil" style war. I like to think that our boys in the armed forces will not attack american civilians on American soil. There may be a few military rolling around the streets but unless they are getting attack/shot at i dout they would be willing to kill there own people. Which brings me to this point. In the case of having to "stand up and rebel" who would you be rebeling against. in the past the enemy has been pretty open and out there easy to tell one from the other. Now we are talking about a few people scattered here and there that make/support/pass the laws. Would you rebel with violence or would you rebel in force of people? I dont think like the figures listed above that 4million ppl would make a very big dent in the minds of the idiots that pass our laws if there are 76million owners not willing to voice there minds and support of 2nd amendment.

not saying anything is like agreeing to ban all guns.

Rebel Hog 05-11-2006 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Like his fundraising efforts or not, Wayne LaPierre should be THANKED DAILY by every single gun owner in this nation. I thank God that the NRA has a balsy pitbull like Wayne running the show (the President of the NRA is just a PR person and poltical figurehead, Wayne "Gets R Dun") instead of some weak, head in the sand, wet finger in the air type of "leader" who would've let the NRA slide into oblivion during the Clinton administration.

I don't see what is wrong with the email, our nations only enemy isn'tjust the libbies/Damocraps but an ever growing threat IS the UN and their one world eliteists!!! If all this "anti Bush" rhetoric is true and we are in for a overhaul in D.C. this November then each and EVERY member on this board needs to start giving till it hurts too the NRA and begin NOW!!!
RA
That's a big 10-4, good buddy!

VT_Hunter1980 05-11-2006 08:16 AM

ORIGINAL: SHoNUFF

if it came to a "civil" style war. I like to think that our boys in the armed forces will not attack american civilians on American soil. There may be a few military rolling around the streets but unless they are getting attack/shot at i dout they would be willing to kill there own people. Which brings me to this point. In the case of having to "stand up and rebel" who would you be rebeling against. in the past the enemy has been pretty open and out there easy to tell one from the other. Now we are talking about a few people scattered here and there that make/support/pass the laws. Would you rebel with violence or would you rebel in force of people? I dont think like the figures listed above that 4million ppl would make a very big dent in the minds of the idiots that pass our laws if there are 76million owners not willing to voice there minds and support of 2nd amendment.

not saying anything is like agreeing to ban all guns.
The first step, of course, is widescale civil disobedience. One could potentially try the angle that the erosion of even one part of the constitution is an erosion of the whole thing. The 2nd amendment goes today, tomorrow the first and fourth. There are non gun owners, believe it or not, who believe in the right to bear arms.

As you said, there are likely to be member of law enforcement and the military who will defy the unconstitutional law. I'm willing to bet that LEOs in certain rural areas will out and out refuse to participate in gun seizures. We will have allies.

As far as a methodology. Band together and refuse to give them up, but don't fire them at anyone unless fired upon first. It is never politically good for a government to order it's forces to fire on civilians.

ipscshooter 05-11-2006 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: VT_Hunter1980

As you said, there are likely to be member of law enforcement and the military who will defy the unconstitutional law. I'm willing to bet that LEOs in certain rural areas will out and out refuse to participate in gun seizures. We will have allies.
Part of the problem is that a TREATY banning guns is NOT unconstitutional. International treaties take precedence over our constitution. This is one of the reasons we CANNOT have Hillary Clinton in office, and lose Republican majorities in the House and Senate.Clinton, Shumer, Biden, et al., are morons, but they're not stupid. If they take over, all it takes is the stroke of a pen and your rights are GONE. Simple as that. At least with a Republican in the White House, we maintain our Security Council veto on such ridiculous possibilities.

VT_Hunter1980 05-11-2006 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: VT_Hunter1980

Part of the problem is that a TREATY banning guns is NOT unconstitutional. International treaties take precedence over our constitution. This is one of the reasons we CANNOT have Hillary Clinton in office, and lose Republican majorities in the House and Senate.Clinton, Shumer, Biden, et al., are morons, but they're not stupid. If they take over, all it takes is the stroke of a pen and your rights are GONE. Simple as that. At least with a Republican in the White House, we maintain our Security Council veto on such ridiculous possibilities.
I'm pretty sure that it's the other way around and the constitution takes precedence over international treaties. Can you give me a link to something stating this?

Solitary Man 05-11-2006 09:46 AM

The United States Constitution doesNOT take a back seat to treaties. Plain and simple. State Constitutions may or may not, but since the U.S. Constitutionis controlling, I tend the think the sky is not falling.

I've been a member of the NRA for several years and probably always will be, but I can't say that I'm enthusiastic about it. I don't like being treated like an idiot and with some of the crap they send me in the mail, I think that's exactly what they think of us sometimes. The Safari Club Int'l, another organization that fights for our gun rights, apparently knows I'm a grown, college educated adult.

ipscshooter 05-11-2006 10:09 AM

http://www.citizenreviewonline.org/Dec_2002/treaties.htm

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1995/vol11no07_treaties.htm

http://www.freedompage.home.mindspring.com/ConstitutionJR.htm

I really haven't researched the issue, and perhaps I've been overly influenced by the "fear of black helicopters" brigade. But, the sites above point to some decisions that, they say, affirmed treaties which violated Constitutional rights. Article VI of the Constitution does make treaties a part of "the supreme law of the land".

ejpaul1 05-11-2006 10:30 AM

Well, I just joined the NRA. I couldn’t afford anything but the cheapest membership, but I want to do what I can. Anyway, I just graduated and without a doubt the constitution takes precedence over treaties. If the treaty doesn’t align with the constitution blatantly, it doesn’t fly at all. Also, many of these treaties have exceptions and clarifications to be brought forthwith. SO, yes we should be aware and on the cusp of these things along with doing what we can, but dont live in fear keeping yopurself from enjoying life and our great sport . Live in confidence and exude assureadness of decision. EJ

Solitary Man 05-11-2006 10:32 AM

ipscshooter, how about these:

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/staterights/treaties.htm

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal/aspects/limited_gov_treaty.htm

http://www.unwatch.com/treaties.html

BTW, the last two ofyour links don't seem to work.

Pawildman 05-12-2006 01:38 PM

I have been a Life Member of the NRA for many years, and I also get a little tired of their incessant mailings requesting donations. I probably receive 3 to 4 requests per month, and donate a set amount every year. They are, however, the strongest pro-gun forces in this country,and spend a lot of time and money lobbying our causes in Washington. They NEED our support to carry on their and our programs. To be a gun owner in this country and not belong to the NRA is absurd, in my opinion. You may not agree with ALL they say or do, but without their efforts, gun ownership and all the sports that go with it may not exist as we know them today. If they are not continued to be supported, don't look around some day and wonder why you can't have your 30-06 or your Glock any longer.
Get off your dead a**, get your wallet out, and become a member, for God's sake !! Quit letting the rest of us pull your weight through this. Take some responsibility to support the main organization who is trying to protect YOUR rights to enjoy your sport. Or, maybe you'd care to move to Australia, Europe, or even Canada where the NRA doesn't exist. Try owning rifles, shotguns, and in particular, handguns in those places.
It's time to quit your d*** whining and step up to the plate.

hardcorehunter 05-12-2006 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

I have been a Life Member of the NRA for many years, and I also get a little tired of their incessant mailings requesting donations. I probably receive 3 to 4 requests per month, and donate a set amount every year. They are, however, the strongest pro-gun forces in this country,and spend a lot of time and money lobbying our causes in Washington. They NEED our support to carry on their and our programs. To be a gun owner in this country and not belong to the NRA is absurd, in my opinion. You may not agree with ALL they say or do, but without their efforts, gun ownership and all the sports that go with it may not exist as we know them today. If they are not continued to be supported, don't look around some day and wonder why you can't have your 30-06 or your Glock any longer.
Get off your dead a**, get your wallet out, and become a member, for God's sake !! Quit letting the rest of us pull your weight through this. Take some responsibility to support the main organization who is trying to protect YOUR rights to enjoy your sport. Or, maybe you'd care to move to Australia, Europe, or even Canada where the NRA doesn't exist. Try owning rifles, shotguns, and in particular, handguns in those places.
It's time to quit your d*** whining and step up to the plate.
Another well said statement.

grubburg 06-09-2006 07:58 PM

anyone who thinks international treaties preempt the united states constitution is a fool. i have a b.a. in law and society and am i law school. the repulsion of the second amendment (by only another amendment to our consititution) will never ever happen. never. relax and stop only getting your news through nra publications. i read this article and started laughing at how stupid some of you are....

Vapodog 06-10-2006 06:23 AM

I've actually had people tell me that UN troops will come to my door and confiscate my guns.

Does anyone actually think this is going to happen?

This is how inteligent the NRA thinks we are.....It's time we think a bit instead of being led around by a chain in our nose.

Briman 06-10-2006 07:47 AM

I've actually had people tell me that UN troops will come to my door and confiscate my guns.

Does anyone actually think this is going to happen?
No, no need. People are more than willing to turn their guns when they are told to. Look at California where 'assault rifles' were banned a few years ago, people complied and registered them. At least a large number of Canadians had balls enough to not register their guns when called upon by their government.

The flyer mailed out by the NRA looks suspiciously like the one the did 2 or 3 years ago about a UN gun control summit during the 4th of July. If they need more money, ask me honestly, don't make up some fairy tale and insult my intelligence.

Rebel Hog 06-10-2006 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

RA
BRAVO!
[/align]

grubburg 06-10-2006 07:14 PM

great post vapodog.

grubburg 06-10-2006 07:16 PM

ipscshooter:
"Part of the problem is that a TREATY banning guns is NOT unconstitutional. International treaties take precedence over our constitution."

ipscshooter, you have NO idea what you are talking about. go take a class on basic constitutional law or government before you make declarations that are completely false. both of those statements are absolutely false.

eldeguello 06-11-2006 06:11 AM

"Over our July 4th holiday, on American soil, they are preparing to enact a legally-binding treaty that would give the U.N. unchallengeable power to ban civilian ownership of ALL firearms. "

IF the UN wants to see The American Revolution, Part II, all they have to do would beto try to enforce such a treaty! Where do you think they'd find a militrary organization that could do this? The UN can't even disarm a raggedy-ass militia in Africa, for crap sake!

OTOH, the NRA will tell you practically anything to get money! But, the NRA is also the most effective organization we have for protecting our rights. If not for the NRA, we would have lost the right to own firearms ages ago.

"Just being paranoid does NOT MEAN that THEY ARE NOT OUT TO GET YOU!!"

early 06-11-2006 02:37 PM

i sent out my letters weeks ago.
I THANK GOD FOR THE NRA AND WAYNE LaPIERRE IS A HERO AND A TRUE CHAMPION OF JUSTICE AND AMERICAN IDEALS IN MY OPINION.

early

Pawildman 06-11-2006 04:14 PM

And just how many of you sent your letters to Koffi Annan or whatever his name is as the NRA requested? I don't know if it will do any good, but it sure won't hurt.
At least they will know we are watching them closely. I personally think we should pull out of the UN anyhow. The direction has taken a turn to the left, so to speak
We gotta let our elected legislators know where we stand. Here in Pennsylvania, a bunch of legislators found out how their constituents felt about a payraise they voted themselves in the wee hours of the morning, when they thought nobody could stop them. We put them out of office at election time, and had the payraise repealed. IT CAN BE DONE!!! Continue to keep a close watch.........

ShatoDavis 06-12-2006 10:48 AM

Everyone should support business's that suppor the NRA. I like to purchase hunting/shooting supplies from Midwayusa. I always opt for theire "NRA Roundup". For those who don't know Midways will round up your charge to the next dollar, or more if you wish, and donate that to the NRA. Midway also matches a certain percentage I believe. They are a terrific supporter of the NRA. I wish more catalog retailers would follow suit, like say cabela's, bass pro, Gander mountain, Brownell's....

I recently Joined the NRA for the second time. For a few years I cancelled my membership. It was back in the 90's and "cop Killer" bullets came out. Some folks wanted to ban these teflon coated bullets and the NRA came out against it. I wrote them and said that I couldn't believe that the NRA whom I had gladly supported for many years would come out in favor of a bullet that had no purpose other than to shoot through a bullet proof vest. I got a letter back that said that they where very sorry that I was cancelling my membership but they had to make a stand. They said that if they gave on this issue it would be a stepping stone that the anti's would use to go after other stuff. I thought it was BS and cancelled my membership.

So after seeing the Clinton "assault weapon ban" and how I couldn't buy High capacity clips for my target pistols I decided that the NRA was right. The Anti's use clever sayings like "Assault weapons" and "cop Killers" to attack us. I mean how could anyone support a baby killer gun, Problem comes in defining the "assault weapon", cop killer etc. I mean who in there right mind would call a pistol that holds more than 7 rounds an assualt weapon. I've got a double stack 40 s&w that holds 24 rounds. I've shot thousands of rounds through it and not one of those was in anger. Its never assaulted anything except an ipsa range.

So Now I'm a member again and always will be. I donate a little when I can. But mostly I throw the Monthly NRA bulletins in the trash with the rest of the junk mail.

Daniel__ 06-14-2006 11:28 PM

This is what is great about living in an area with large numbers of believers of the constitution....They will not surrender to a law like this...They would kill to protect their rights if it came down to giving up their guns....You have to think about the men and womenwho actually died for you to be here...If they knew america would give up the constitution do you think they would of died for this country??? I am sure if this would come down to surrender our guns there would be people on this forum helping out others on here...The UN against american people disarming them....They wouldn't have a chance in hell..The only people gun owners would be fighting is military personal of a foreighn country....The american blood still runs strong in the east....But if it came down to it...I would suggest everyone to take off or quit work...That alone will bring america to a stand still and get our point across.....The question to ask yourself,Whats more important?? Yours and your family freedom or your job????
But I am not convinced it will come to this though.....

Will this hit the mainstream???

http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060607/MTCN0205/306070056/1302/MTCN02

http://www.itsyourtimes.com/?q=node/1236