Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Outlawing Hevi-shot?? >

Outlawing Hevi-shot??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Outlawing Hevi-shot??

Old 05-01-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Outlawing Hevi-shot??

I just herd from a hunting buddy that he herd they were going to be outlawing Hevi-shot....any of you guys herd this?? WHY???
Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outlawing Hevi-shot??

I've heard something about Remington's license to make Hevi-shot loads has expired and there willbe no more Hevi-shot made by Remington, but nothing about it being illegal, it is non-toxic. Personally I think that the outlawing of lead shot is the biggest joke on sportsmen ever.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
bigcountry

I hate to say it, but hunters embracing barnes and other so called "non toxic" projectiles will just give ammo (no pun) to idiots making a case for ranges being the largest toxic dumps and all.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:11 PM

I didnt see any Hevi-Shot loads in Remingtons new catalogue or on their site. I think they lost thier licence. I dont think Remington made hevi-shot anyhow. I think it was made by environmetal inc. The original hevi-shot brand. They probably make it for Federal and Winchester too. Here is the link.http://www.hevishot.com/home.html I use the original and it patterns better for me than the Remington. Use to be cheaper to order from them too.Havent tried the Federal or Winchester