Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Has anyone ever redone their gun collection in one year? >

Has anyone ever redone their gun collection in one year?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Has anyone ever redone their gun collection in one year?

Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Has anyone ever redone their gun collection in one year?

Sometimes one buys guns on impulse and after awhile the novelty wears off and you buy another.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Has anyone ever redone their gun collection in one year?

I am glad its not just me. I read an artical or talk to a friend and get interested in a new or different caliber or brand or action type and WHAM I have to try it. Sometimes it works out and sometimes, once I have tried it, I am ready to try something else. Never changed them all in a year but I have changed almost all of them several times. A guy always has a few that can't be replaced for various reasons but for me, everything else is fair game.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Sometimes one buys guns on impulse and after awhile the novelty wears off and you buy another.
10-4 good buddy!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:38 AM
bigcountry

Yea, this year and last year, I have been shotgun and muzzeloader nuts. I got 6 shotguns and like4 Muzzleoaders. I have sold 2 of the muzzleloaders and one shotgun and maybe sell a few more shotguns.

I have all I need now. Wanted a 3.5" goose gun, and turkey gun.

I still have a bunch of semi auto pistols that mean nothing to me now and thinking of tradin them off to get me one of those fancy X frames in a 460 this year.

So what have you been shifted around?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

BC

Sold a Kimber 84m in 7/08 , My custom rem 700rifle in 308, Bar 7mm w/boss,Smith and Wesson 3000Pump, Fabarms 12 gauge sxs 12gauge ,marlin 444,Ruger 22 hornet,CZ 45222lr, Benelli Nova Camo, Browning BPS pigeon grade 12 ga, Remington 1100 12 ga,Rem Sendero 308, Winchester Super grade 300 wsm RMEF,Weatherby VAnguard 300 wsm , soldLeupold VX-III 2.5-8 B&C reticle and my Kahles AH 3.5-10x50TDS oh and about 1/2 dozen handirifles I had laying around some as parts. You could say I was busy. This since February 2 when the housecleaning started . I ended up buying a Sako Greywolf in 300 wsm..a Swaro av 4-12x50 which sits in low rings on the Sako by the way. A Browning BLR in 308...A Franchi 12 gauge semi-auto for myself and a 20 gauge for my son. Swaro SlC's 10x42and a Meopta 7x42 for whitetail hunting.A Leica LRF1200 rangefinder. This wont last long since I plan on selling it to my best friend and buying the next generation Leica rangefinder that was just introduced.Next on the list is a Browning gold 20 gauge for myself and a 28 gauge Rizzini for myself and of course a turkey gun probably either a BPS NWTF version or a Gold. I figure in a few years I'll buy another Brittany and start pounding the crap out of Pheasants and Quails just like the good old days . I also want to get back to shooting sporting clays and skeet. I think about that time the wife will be tired of me spending weekends at gun stores and doing some chores around the house. I guess years ago I should have just purchased quality even though back then I coudn't afford it and I wouldn't have to do all this . Sure was fun though
Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
bigcountry

Ok, I understand all that, but why oh why the marlin 44 and 22 hornet. And a known shooter like that vanguard???? And you didn't even call me?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:04 PM

Know how that goes. In one yr I went from 2 to 11 firearms. If I wasnt so destitute I'd be able to get the last two that I want. A 30/30 lever action & a Side by Side 12ga. On that note, anyone know of any decent sxs's ? I looked at a stoeger uplander over the w/end and wasnt impressed. They had some other brand CZ, but never heard of them.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, I understand all that, but why oh why the marlin 44 and 22 hornet. And a known shooter like that vanguard???? And you didn't even call me?
Well yeah, I wanted to make some money getting rid of them ?That Vanguard if I had to have one back would be the one it was a great shooting gun. The guy that bought it took it Elk hunting and went for a week and didn't see one stinking Elk. He came back and sold it without asking me if I wanted it back.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

He came back and sold it without asking me if I wanted it back.

It's called Superstition! He figured you put the FuFu Gato on him.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

RH .this guy is a FUFU, common sense would tell you that if you spent 9 days in a Elk unit in colorado 1st seasonand didn't see any ELK(cows or bulls)that quite possibly you need to move somewhere else where they may be or you need to work on your hunting technique. No instead he sold the Vanguard when he got home and bought a Kimber Montana in 300 wsm ..that will help him find the Elk next go around.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever redone their gun collection in one year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.