Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Boycott Wal-Mart >

Boycott Wal-Mart

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Boycott Wal-Mart

Old 04-14-2006, 01:12 PM

Default Boycott Wal-Mart

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1333&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060414%2F1417024889.htm&sc=1333&f loc=isp-44&related=off&from=money
Old 04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boycott Wal-Mart

so....why should we boycott walmart.....are they doing something illegal?...immoral?...unethical?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would you go to BOB's gas station and pay 20% more because it was the "little guy" and then to Joe's hardware to buy the same lawnmower that Home Depot has 20% cheaper?
Then on the way home stop off at Judy's car lot and pay 20% more for your Silverado because Judy's is the small mom and pop shop instead of the Auto mall.
Then when you finally get home and sat on the couch that you bought at billy bob's furniture store and paid 20% more than you would have at Value City pick up the paper and look for a job that will pay you 30% more (net 20) so you can continue to visit "the little guy"
Old 04-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boycott Walmart why? Because in certain markets they choose not to sell something that may beunprofitable for them? Sorry, but it's their right to sell what they want, where they want.I don't shop there much because I just don't like the experience, but I'm certainly not going to boycott them over this. We don't sell firearms in our stores, so should people boycott us?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would guess that in areas where the sell lots of guns, they will continue to do so. Walmarts business practice stinks to high heaven but the gun sales part is just a small part of it. Their practice of bankrupting american companies on purpose bothers me much more. I don't buy anything there that I can get somewhere else at anywhere near the same price.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

cma,
I agree that in some cases there is an advantage to personal service.
There is a place however for the walmarts, sears, automalls, blockbusters.
And yes. it is good news for the smaller stores that sell guns. It is not necessarily good news for me. I have purchased guns from both walmart and corner gun shop.
I can tell you that i would not have my OMEGA right now if i didn't get it for the rediculously low price that I did on clearance at Wally World.

For some people, price especially a 20% difference, is critical.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walmart will not sell anything if it takes up shelf space and doesn't make any money. Guns take up a lot of room, and at least the walmart in my area, I've never seen a gun sold.

Jeez, its usually the same people who say 'boycott walmart' because they quit selling guns that say 'boycott walmart' because they are undercutting other stores by selling guns cheaper. Some people aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Danny, do you remember Spicola Hardware on 19th St. and Adamo Dr.(Hwy 60) and Kilgore Hardware on 50th St. and 7th Ave in Tampa? Theres were we use to purchase all rifles, shotguns and ammo, before Wal-Mart.

Quick Reply: Boycott Wal-Mart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.