Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Wingmaster price >

Wingmaster price

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wingmaster price

Old 04-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Wingmaster price

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I don't know what you are getting at Rebel?

The one in the picture is not a wing master?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is and thanks for going to the trouble to post it for me. I think the one I am looking at is in better condition, is it worth that much more than the one listed for $225? The Wingmasters at the local gun shows are always $275-350. Most have been used alot, some abused, some with poly chokes etc. Not what I am looking for, per say. The new ones around here are very hard to find, and the used ones are usually more "used" than what I am looking for.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Well it really all depends on what you want.. and what you want to use it for. I'd personally opt for a newer gun w/ the interchangable chokes...but if you find an older gun in excellent condition it may be worth a lot more later on in life. Just like the old Browning Belgium A5s.. if they're in good condition they can fetch $1k or more.. Depends on what you're wanting out of it.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:44 PM

A big part of the price they are asking is the condition of the guns. In "very good" condition, an 870 Wingmaster should go for about $100 less. I bought one in "good" condition a couple years ago for $175. So you are paying a little bit of a premium for a gun that is in "as new" condition. Once you hunt with it a few times, it will depreciate. If this is going to be a working gun, I would get a new 870 Express and have the option of the Rem-chokes and the Simm's recoil pad. It is also a lot less reflective; an advantage if you are hunting waterfowl or turkeys.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boy do you have bad luck ,I just sold my Wingmaster 2 3/4 for 50.00. Someone got a good deal and it wasn't me . Actually I traded it in on my new Mossberg 935 Autoloader ,but I didn't want to go through all the politic's of outright selling it here in Ontario ,and it hasn't been used muchin the lastfew year's ,so now that I got a new Shotgun the old wingmaster would have started rusting .

nubo
Old 04-18-2006, 10:09 PM

hey dont be gettin the wingmaster confused with the express. the express is always cheaper than the wingmaster. the old wingmasters are usually pretty pricey. if they are perfect conditon with box like you say youll not find one cheaper ina shop. i have a wingmaster magnum 12 ga and i give 300 for it and its not in perfect shape. mine has a 3" chamber and a 30" full choke bbl. i think it was made for turkey hunting in the 80's before choke tubes were popular cause the long bbl give tighter patterns and better range. if you like the wingmasters you saw buy one they are worth the price. the 28 ga book for $650, the .410 book at $550 and the 20 ga at around $400. $340 sounds like a good price on the guns. hope this helps
Old 04-19-2006, 03:35 AM
Typical Buck

yeah,,,what hobie11 said,,,thats a great price for a wingmaster around here,,,need it or not that one would be in the gun cabinet!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:27 PM

A couple of months ago I saw a nice used Wingmaster for $200, and by the time I went to the bank for some cash and got back, it was gone.

Luckily, I found one a little nicer for $220, and this time, I had the cash in my pocket, so that puppy followed me home.

I'm a fan of older, walnut-stocked firearms. My first shotgun was a Remington 870 Express in 20 gauge, and it's a great gun, but I'll tell ya, the Wingmaster is so much more beautiful that it doesn't even seem like the same kind of shotgun.