Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Wingmaster price >

Wingmaster price

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wingmaster price

Old 04-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wingmaster price

I am looking at a 870 Wingmaster. The gun shop has 2 that he recently bought that are 12 gauge, 2 3/4" chambers, no chokes modified barrel. Both are spotless and have the boxes. He is asking $340, but I know there is room to haggle. These are nice guns....both look new, no scratches. What are they worth? I don't really need one....but I want one.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wingmaster price

is the wingmaster semi-auto? if so then haggle away. if its pump then it sounds too high. just bought a used but almost new 870 express pmp for $225. but then again if you just have to have it then.......

by the way great sig.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:23 AM

300 bucks is a good deal on a 870 wingmaster. 275 is better. The wing master is not to be confused with S. IL hunter's 870, which sounds like an 870 express. The wingmaster is a high gloss blued gun with nice walnut as opposed tot he parkerized and beech stocked 870 express. Same tried and true action but the wingmaster is much more costly to make. The wingmaster seems to me to be Rem's attempt to make a model 12 killer.
It is a nice gun
Old 04-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does the barrel have the vent rib?
Is the modified choke barrel what you want/need?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

You didn't say which model 870 they were are they the express model with brushed blueing or they sound like the old models as they don't have any choke tubes which most of the new ones come with. I would offer him $225.00 and if he dosen't take it I bet you will find a deal before October on one. This is the most common shotgun on the market and they really flooded the market with them. They are a good inexspensive gun and many a kids first gun. Good luck with it Mike
Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I am looking at a 870 Wingmaster. The gun shop has 2 that he recently bought that are 12 gauge, 2 3/4" chambers, no chokes modified barrel. Both are spotless and have the boxes. He is asking $340, but I know there is room to haggle. These are nice guns....both look new, no scratches. What are they worth? I don't really need one....but I want one.

(Pop Up)
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga
GA# 976523134

$225.00

Old 04-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not an express, its a Wingmaster. It is in much better condition that the one pictured. It has the vent rib and a 28 inch barrel. I have been trying to find a price online for a near perfect Wingmaster.

BTW...$225 for a used 870 express is highway robbery. They are $228 here new at Wallyworld.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

BTW...$225 for a used 870 express is highway robbery. They are $228 here new at Wallyworld.

Is the one at Wally World near perfect or new for $228? The gun Shop wants$340 for near perfect?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:57 AM

I don't know, that is more than half of what they are new, and you don't get screw in chokes or anything. Not to mention if you were not stuck on it being a "wingmaster" you could get a brand new pump gun for less than what that one is used. Not to mention it would shoot 3 inch shells and come with screw in chokes. It just wouldn't be as pretty. Heck I think if you looked around you could get a combo with a rifled barrel for that kind of money.

You could get a nova and it would chamber 3 1/2 inch loads if you wanted, they are butt ugly, but they work

Or you could get a brand new browning BPS for around 450 or so and they are just as pretty and work just as good as a wingmaster in my opinion. Plus it will chamber 3 inch shells and comes with three choke tubes.

Options, Options? Really depends on what you want I guess. I just paid almost 500 bucks for a used A5 when I could have gotten a new auto for that or less from another maker. I decided that is what I wanted though.

Paul
Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Is the one at Wally World near perfect or new for $228? The gun Shop wants $340 for near perfect?
The one I am looking at is not an Express... I do know the difference.The Express sells for $228 new. The Wingmaster new is around $520 here. Big diffference in quality and resale value. I already own an express that is my turkey gun. I don't know what you are getting at Rebel?

Quick Reply: Wingmaster price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.