Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
A little help please....buying new rifle... >

A little help please....buying new rifle...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A little help please....buying new rifle...

Old 10-25-2002, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A little help please....buying new rifle...

I'm looking into buying a new-to-me rifle. I thing the guy is asking a little too much....

What would you guys pay for a Remington 760 Gamemaster, 35 Remington; with a "Boss" scope(never heard of it-anybody else?) and sling?

This is a rifle I have been looking for for a few years. I've found about every other caliber, but it HAS to be in 35 Rem. I haven't seen the rifle yet, but hope to meet this individual tonight. I'm assuming the rifle is in good to excellent condition.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 10-25-2002, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A little help please....buying new rifle...

Never heard of a "Boss Scope" ....Generally on something like that you have an unknown quantity scope that is. The rifle is pretty desirable if your a eastern whitetail hunter and is probably worth I 'm guessing 350-400 but you are the dealmaker and its your own gun and your money . I would call a dealer or 2 and ask them what the book value on something like that is so you don't overpay. Make sure that the gun mechanically works trigger,safety ,slide and nothing funny about that and check out the magazine to make sure the lips aren't bent or nothing unusual or out of place. If the gun has a filthy bore that is not a bad sign but ask yourself why would anyone sell a gun with a filthy bore. I've been burnt like that before too and returned the piece to the seller. Hope that helps and good luck