Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 22 rifle suggestions/pics/favoroties >

22 rifle suggestions/pics/favoroties

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

22 rifle suggestions/pics/favoroties

Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 AM

Default RE: 22 rifle suggestions/pics/favoroties

One of the best values for your money out there is the CZ 452. http://www.cz-usa.com/01.04.php These rifles are extremely accurate. I bought a CZ 453 American which is the same as a 452 except it has a single set trigger.

The absolute best prices I've found on CZ's was atWhittaker Guns http://www.whittakerguns.com/ then click on "New Rifles" then on "CZ"

Here is a pic of my CZ 453 and a 25Yd target shot with this gun. Note: the white circles are 1/2" diameter and those are 5 shot groups.

Do a search on CZ and see what other folks have to say about them.

firstshot
-------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 AM

i have alway sheard CZ made a good rifle. Problem is untill like 6-8 months ago noone here carried them or would order them for that matter. I am looking into gettin 1more long gun and havnt choosen a cal yet. I was thinking about gettin g a CZ or a Tikka. depends on how much i am ready to spend at time of purchase
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM

Default wolf - RE: 22 rifle suggestions/pics/favoroties

hey buddy,

on the cabelas site they have a stock that is for a 10/22 ruger, it is under shooting accessories. first, i have to make sure the ruger 10/22 is a carbine, i almost bought it from dicks today but i forgot my license so im goingback tomarrow. once i am sure it is the carbine, im going to order the stock, that is a tight a** stock, i wander if they have any other designs? lol thanks every1 for ur input

geter
Old 03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wolf - RE: 22 rifle suggestions/pics/favoroties

Buckstalker reminds me that I have a Winchester 63 and no pics of it
Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Spike

HENRY LEVER...in mag or regular, if you want quieter..just seems to be a lot more fun than an auto....
Bigoleindian
Old 03-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

Well, if you'd like a compromise between a handgun and rifle browing makes a buckmark "rifle" which is a bucmark pistol wil a long barrel (something around 15") with a stock attached to the pistol grip. Beratta also makes a "Neos" pistol that you can buy a carbine kit for. Perhaps talk you dad into purchasing it for you (since it will have to be initially bought at a handgun...the carbine kit is extra) and leave as a legal carbine until you turn 21. The buckmark rifle isn't changeable.

A ruger 10/22 is hard to go wrong with. They are extremely popular, you can get any add-on you can think of, and they come in several configurations.

Pistols will be loader...but if you want something quiet look at remingtons "Subsonic" load. They aren't as powerful as the high velocity but they are very noticeably quiter than other .22 loads. Out of my buddies remington nylon you'd think it was a souped-up BB gun, and my 10/22 really likes them for accuracy. (I'll admit I probably just got lucky, but its a completely stock sporter barreled carbine and it'll throw a whole clip in just over 1/2" at 50yards)
Hey Soilarch is the carbine lit for the Neos out yet! I have the 7.5 inch Neos U22! I love this pistol. I have a Bushnell red dot scope on it!

Old 03-25-2006, 06:21 PM

Hairtrigger,

I also like unusual guns, I noticed your T-Bolt, take a look at the pic here of mine leaning on the door frame..great little guns aren't they...

Colt Lightning, .22short, nice little plinker...

Uberti 73 Carbine/.22lr, my workhorse 22

Doug

Old 03-25-2006, 10:28 PM

Marlin is the most accurate for the money, Ruger is the most veresetal. They are all a bunch of fun! The subsonic Remingtons are crap, the last brick I bought I gave away. One may sound like a 22 and the next like a cap pistol, very inconsistant and inaccurate!