Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

bsa scopes?

Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default bsa scopes?

first offdoesn't bsa scopes have a liftime warenty? second of all if they have a life time warenty. why not go with them instead of something which is more money and doesnt have a but maybe a one year warenty? never owned one but would like to hear your guy's thoughts.
last question only protray's to the people who have used them ,. what are your likes and dislikes about the high end ones? thanks
Jeff S

Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 PM

Default RE: bsa scopes?

I bought my first BSA last year. It is their Sweet 17 scope for the 17 HMR.It has a bullet drop compensator for shooting 100-300 yards. I have been very happy with it so far. It is bright, clear, and it works. I have only shot it out to 200 yards, but the BDC works very well from what I can tell.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

I had a contender 4x16x40 it was junk had a platinum 6x24x44 it also was junk you cant see out of them in low lite the contender we couldnt even get it to zero on a nef 223 the platinum wasnt any better in low light you dont get a crisp image with the power cranked up we went yote hunting and it got foggy on the inside and out but I do have a catseye illuminated on my 22 and it works fine for that but I wouldn't ever buy another one of their scopes for anything.Get a nikon, leupold, burris or bushnell elite they have lower priced scopes and you will get what you pay for were as with bsa you dont even get what you paid for. jmo

by the way I have a bsa 6x24x44 platinum scope for sale would make a good hammer or club and a nikon buckmasters 3x9x40 silver like new on a 270 for one year leupold rings and bases and flip up scope capsincluded $175.00 putting a zeiss on that rifle now too thanks to all who told me to get the zeiss best scope ever had
Old 01-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The biggest prob with the cheaper scopes is in lower light situations. If you took a premium scope(Leupold, Burris, Bushnell, Nikon not even the super high dollar scopes.)out and layed it side by side in the evening the lack of clarity is pretty obvious. I dont mean just the last few minutes either. I have some pretty expensive scopes down to a Tasco World Class3-12-40on my 22mag and when Im at the range going from one gun to another the biggest difference I see is in lower light situations. The more expensive scopes always look clearer to me but the difference isnt as obvious in the middle of the day.

The other prob is some of the larger calibers will drop or movea x-hair out of a cheaper scope alot easy butttt if it has a forever warranty you can just send it back, just hope its not the day before hunting season when it falls apart.

If your happy with it then its all you need.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:11 PM

My brother has a BSA scope on a Rem 7mm Mag. I have shot it and it is a good scope for the money. He has had no issues out of it so far it, according to him, has worked very well in low light conditions.

I however have Burris and Leupold scopes and one simmons 3x9-40mm. The simmons came on a package deal with a savage rifle. The simmons is still on the rifle and has performed flawlesly.

So for your money the BSA scope are ok to good. Do they compare to higher end scopes. IMO, nope. But sometimes the cheaper scope perform very well.

Try looking at the Barska line as well. I have the Barska Binoc's and they a really good.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:05 PM

Depends on what ones you buy. The Catseye and Panther scopes are pretty decent, but they are not that cheap either. I would say simular to a simmons 44 mag or aetec in build quality, or something simular. The cheaper ones are not great though.

They do stand behind thier product though and have decent customer service from what I hear. I have owned about 5 scopes from them ranging from cheap to the top of the line. Never had any functionability problems with any of them. The cheaper ones did not have real great optics though and fogged up in crappy weather.

Get one from cabela's, that way if you don't like it just trade it for something else.

Paul
Old 01-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

thanks guys.. i am thinking about going nikon bukmaster 4-14x40 mildot or burris in same power.. what do you guys think. oranyother sugjestions for about the same price? also. where ischeap place on line to get one that is trutworthy. thanks guys
Old 01-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I got the nikonbuckmasters mil doton my 223 now and it works great you should be very happy with it