Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

gun oils

Old 01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: gun oils

My light gun oil of choice has been BC Sheath. I have yet to encounter a single problem with any firearm I owned when using Sheath (which includes CF's, SG's and ML's).However my firearms aren't suspect to high humidity changes when in storage. For guns that see long term storage with limited play time I have been using inhibitor V80 for some years, equally no problems.

Side note;I also like the smell of BC Sheath.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:43 AM

Maybe the gun oil used isn't the problem but rather how and where you store the firearm when not in use. is it in a damp area, like a basement? Do you keep it in a case? is it in a cabnet? etc...
Old 01-26-2006, 05:47 PM

i have used CLP for years, its all we used while i was in the Marines.
it worked for everything and its used for CLEANING LUBRICATING and PROTECTING, ive seen it work miracles on some pretty nasty weapons, as for the smell....

"I love the smell of CLP in the morning, it smells like victory"
Old 01-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DM

Personally, i don't care for WD40 for my guns, i think Break Free CLP is "much" better, and these days it's all i use. It protects the metal a lot better than WD40 does, and last a lot longer as a lube too.Drilling Man
Break Free for friction, and Birchwood casey SHEATH to prevent rust, inside & out. This stuff even keeps rust off of blued guns in coastal Alaska! Which is not easy to do.