Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning?

Old 12-29-2005, 09:52 PM

Default RE: Browning?

I have a BPS and its the best shot gun I have ever owned. I have put it through hell and it hasnever failed.

I have yet to find a gun/load/choke combo that patterns better than it does, except for custom stuff from Nitro. (turkey hunting)

I have a Wad Wizard choke for buckshot and it still amazes me.

I own Remingtons, Brownings, Mossberg, NEF, and a few others, but the BPS is by far my first choice of shot gun. I want to buy a Browning rifle, but my Remington 700 hasn't let me down yet.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 AM

I own 3 brownings, 2 A-bolts and a over and under, can't say a bad thing about any of them. for those guys who think the mags are "complicated" on the A-bolts, they must be lazy and don't know quality!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:30 PM

If you cut thru all of the racial slur bs you-all will find that Brownings are nice firearms.
I purchased a Browning BPS in 1980 - it has not missed a beat. Same goes with the now 15 year old Citori Trap I bought 3 yrs ago. I have shot many 25's, and a couple 50's with that shotgun.
In 82' I watched my brother-in-law blow the head off a grouse at 50 yds with his Browning BAR in 7mm Rem Mag. Ever since, I have always wanted a BAR in 338 Win Mag, that would be one heck of an elk rifle.
During 82 a NAVY buddy bought a beautiful Browning bolt action in 30-06, with Rem Factory loads, it shot sub 1MOA groups.
Later on, another brother in-law bought a Browning bolt action in 25-06, same performance as above. He was so impressed he another Browning bolt action rifle in 7mm Rem Mag, same performance as above.
Come to think of it, several members of my gun club own brownings in 223, for at range target shooting.
I find it interesting that winchester had a dog-doo reputation do to crappy barrels.
As I recall it was not until Browning bought Wichester (or U.S. Repeating Arms) and began turning them out with high quality Japanese barrels that the reputation of the once great AMERICAN rifle company was restored.

Old 12-31-2005, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

for those guys who think the mags are "complicated" on the A-bolts, they must be lazy and don't know quality!
Not lazy,but I do find it annoying to have to drop the floorplate,attach the magazine to the floorplate,then close the floorplate to load the rifle.With the remington or tikka systems you simply slide the magazine into the receiver.Why require three separate steps when everyone elses rifles can be loaded in a single step.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Spike

Guess anyone could guess from my ID which way I lean when it comes to Browning.lol... I own two: (1) A-bolt Micro hunter in 7mm-08 and (2) Citori Grade 1 12ga. I used to own a A-bolt Stalker in 7mm Mag and a Buckmark .22 and regret getting rid of each of them.