Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Whats the deal with Tikkas ? >

Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

LMAO @ Todd1700
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 PM

do bass pro or cabelas sell The Tikka?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I currently have a ruger m77 mk II that shot out of the box ragged hole groups at 100 yards.
Congratulations then on winning the Ruger M-77"One in a Million"lottery. I have owned 3 different M-77's in my lifetime (still have one) and I have had the opportunity to shoot a good many more. I've personally never seen one straight out of the box that would group 3 shots tight enough to be covered with a silver dollar. The 7mm mag M-77 that I still own has had a trigger job and the barrel free floated and even now it still averagesabout a 1.75 inch group at 100 yards. Before the trigger job and the barrel floating it's average group was about 2.5 inches.

I would NEVER buy a tikka again.After about 100 rounds the magazine started to fall out of the bottom of the action.
Wow, what an amazing coincidence. The guy who owns the only hundred yard 1 ragged hole shooting standard unmodified Ruger M-77 on earth also just happened to own the only Tikka I have ever heard ofin which theclip just started falling out from routine use. Dang, what are the odds? With your record of always defying the odds you should go to the track and bet 1000 dollars on the longest shot in the race. Compared to the two longshots you have already hit the horse race would be a mortal lock.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Host of Hosts

Did Tikka do away with the plastic magazine yet?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Spike

I am not an expert, but can talk of practical experience. I had a Ruger M77 with the "skeleton" stock in a .270 after t boxes of ammo, a differnt scope, new rings and many cleanings I could not get the gun to shoot and hold on paper. 3-5 inch groups were the best I could do at 100 yards. I traded the gun for a Ruger 25-06 and had some trigger work done on it. I can shoot 1-2 inch groups.

I havew an older Tikka Whitetail hunter (I think it that is the name) It is a BEAUTIFUL gun with laminate stock and stainless barrel. It is a little heavy, but is a tack driver. First time out, I was shooting 1 inch groups or less.

I have not needed customer service for Tikka, but have for Ruger and have no complaints.

When I look for a new rifle, I typically do not shop by manufacturer. I say thisd with the exception of remington. I have nothing against Remington, I just do not like the lines of their rifles. I own Rugers, Tikka, Wheatherby, Marlinand Winchester rifles. My next will probably be a CZ or a Semiauto.

I would not let one experience with any specific rifle for the basis of an opinion for all the products of a manufacturer.

I think Tikka is making a good rifle at a reasonable price. When judging the price point of a firearm, many of use have a dollar amount we can spend for rifle, rings and scope. It has and never will make sense for me to by a high-end gun and then outfit it with a POS scope. This may be why I am not opposed to looking for good used rifles. When I bought my Tikka, it was farily priced and I could afford to outfit it with a Pentax scope. The combination works great. If I bought a Sako or Kimber andput a BSA on it, I would probebly be saying that the gun was crap b/c it could not hold true, when, it actuality, it may be the scope.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Someone please answer my question.

Come on someone answer my question please. do Bass pro or cabelas sell Tikkas? or another major chain? The closest major city from me is 100 miles or large town for that fact! The town I live in is Small
Old 12-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Spike

Default RE: Someone please answer my question.

Sorry Gene, I do not look for guns at the Bass Pro. THey charge a fee to call in the FFL and state sales tax is more in TN than KY.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:33 AM

I was at Gander Mountain this past weekend in Corsicana Texas and they had Tiklas.

Bass Pro does not list the rifles on their website. Go to stare locator find the phone number of the store nearest you and call that store and ask.

Do the same for Cabelas. This way you will know exactly what that store carries.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Todd1700, Sounds to me like you have some sour grapes. There are many many rugers that shoot MOA as has been reported by many people on this forum. My M77 .270 shoots MOA pretty rountinely with many diffrent loads from reloads to Core-Loct off the shelf, and this fallI tried some 130 gr Horniday SP that shot a really nice 5 shot group covered by a quarter, and that's not with a fancy bench rest. Just an old coat on top of my truck hood. It will shoot circles inside my dad's A-Bolt.

I'm not going to knock Tikka, In fact I'm intrigued by both them and Sako. Someday I might give them a try but it would be hard to justify shooting another rifle unless I was going significantly up or down in caliber. Perhaps you had a bad experience with your rugers, that's all that needs to be said.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:58 PM

I am very happy with the 3 tikkas I''ve bought, no problems whats so ever. For the price I could not find another gun that had near the features and shoots so well.Cabelas has them,gander has them.

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.