Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Whats the deal with Tikkas ? >

Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

I keep hearing and reading about tikka t3's are they realy as good as I read? I also have seen them as cheep as 500.00? Are they worh every penny? Or are they because people are wanting something differant than there buddies with Rugers remingtons and brownings? will they outshoot the rems and rugers and browns?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

I had a Tikka T3 lite stainless in 7mm-08 It shot ok maybe 1 1/2 " at best. My rifle was effected by the recall last year I sent the gun back in October and did not get the new one back until March and couldn't even get the caliber I wanted so I setteled for a 270 Win. so it would be easy to get rid of I traded for a Ruger m-77 mk2 in 7mm-08 which I think is twice the gun of the Tikka and Ruger customer service is alot better to work with. I wouldnt take a new Tikka if they gave it to me but that is just my opinion....
Old 12-11-2005, 05:49 PM

I think part of it there actions feel/look unique. I'm not a gunsmith or even a qualified gun expert but they certainly caught my attention. Because of this I think people find something "new" or "different" that they like...and like alot...then become convinced that Good+Different=BEST
Old 12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

THey are generally pretty accurate but I wouldn't trust one in any larger calibers. THey have a very weak recoil lug setup and can cause split stocks. As to the customer service I am not impressed one bit by beretta USA. Not only did they hush up the recall too much for my taste but they also will refuse to do any work if you have anything done to it. They wouldn't replace my stock because of a muzzle break.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gene62
Or are they because people are wanting something differant than there buddies with Rugers remingtons and brownings? will they outshoot the rems and rugers and browns?
My preference is "none of the above!" I am just sold on the Winchester M70!

Most of the Tikka T3's I've heard about were quality guns.
I just DO NOT like the one-action-length-fits-all, Tikka action! That is one way that Tikka keeps cost down by not having to retool for different actionlength runs.
I know that as far as accuracy, and quality goes, theres probably not a nickels worth of difference in the action length used! But, if I want to shoot a short-action caliber, I just don't want a magnum-length action!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I traded for a Ruger m-77 mk2 in 7mm-08 which I think is twice the gun of the Tikka
A ruger M-77 twice the gun of a Tikka. Hmmm, I guess in some areas that could be true. For Example:

1. It's more than twice as hard to find a Ruger M-77 that will shoot accurately straight out of the box.

2. You will have to spend twice as much money to get a M-77 to shoot like a Tikka.

3. The poundage of the M-77's trigger pull is easily more than twice that of the Tikka and can't be adjusted.

4. The average 3 shot group ofthe averageM-77 will be twice as large as the average 3 shot groupfrom the average Tikka.

5. The action on a M-77 is twice as rough as the action on a Tikka.

Heck all you have to do to a Ruger M-77 is replace the factory barrel with a better custom barrel, free float the barrel, replace the awful factory trigger with a custom trigger, and glass bed the action. Do all that and you will have a rifle that will shoot sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards all day long.

Or you could just buy a Tikka, mount a scope, go to the range and shoot 1 inch groups. But hey whatever blows your skirt up. Some people love doing things the hard way.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have fired two t-3s and both were easily sub MOA with several loads.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM

Todd I asked the question about the Tikka and I guess you know rugers pretty well my ruger will shoot 1/2 inch groups all day long!AT 25 YARDS. LOL about 1 1/2 - 2 at hundred. and it's a target model!
ORIGINAL: Todd1700

I traded for a Ruger m-77 mk2 in 7mm-08 which I think is twice the gun of the Tikka
A ruger M-77 twice the gun of a Tikka. Hmmm, I guess in some areas that could be true. For Example:

1. It's more than twice as hard to find a Ruger M-77 that will shoot accurately straight out of the box.

2. You will have to spend twice as much money to get a M-77 to shoot like a Tikka.

3. The poundage of the M-77's trigger pull is easily more than twice that of the Tikka and can't be adjusted.

4. The average 3 shot group ofthe averageM-77 will be twice as large as the average 3 shot groupfrom the average Tikka.

Heck all you have to do to a Ruger M-77 is replace the factory barrel with a better custom barrel, free float the barrel, replace the awful factory trigger with a custom trigger, and glass bed the action. Do all that and you will have a rifle that will shoot sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards all day long.

Or you could just buy a Tikka, mount a scope, go to the range and shoot 1 inch groups. But hey whatever blows your skirt up. Some people love doing things the hard way.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:31 PM

I have had many rugers. But only one Tikka. I would NEVER buy a tikka again.After about 100 rounds the magazine started to fall out of the bottom of the action. How about I make a rule. If you buy forign guns-cars you can't complain about the economy. I currently have a ruger m77 mk II that shot out of the box ragged hole groups at 100 yards. If you really want a tikka then get one, and deal with beretta's crappy costomer service department. You can get a one size fits all action or a american made action that works like a tank.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Todd I asked the question about the Tikka and I guess you know rugers pretty well my ruger will shoot 1/2 inch groups all day long! AT 25 YARDS. LOL about 1 1/2 - 2 at hundred. and it's a target model!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

quote:

4. The average 3 shot group of the average M-77 will be twice as large as the average 3 shot group from the average Tikka.

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with Tikkas ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.