Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ghost rings

Old 11-06-2005, 07:05 PM

Default ghost rings

was looking to see if anyone has any experiance with ghost rings
whats a good brand
are they any good
what should i pay
is there different types
if so what would the best type for a marlin guide gun 45-70
Old 11-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ghost rings

Got a set on a benelli and love them. Very fast to use. For your Marlin I'd go with the ones made by Wild West Guns first and secondly those by Ashley Outdoors. AO sight systems or something like that.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

check out XS sight systems.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

The concept of ghost rings is just a peep sight with a large appature. You look thru the rear sight so that it is hardly noticable, hence a "ghost ring". Your eye will automatically center the front post in the ghost ring. They are very fast and I have found them to be extremely accurate. I have had both the XS and the Wild West Guns peep sights. Of the two I really like the flat topped front post of the xs sights. The white stripe and flat top allow very accurate 6 oclock hold. The Wild West Guns peep seems to be more durable but the fiber optic bead front sight covers much of the target and is a lot harder to aim accurately out past 100 yards. The large fiber optic bead is very quick to aquire and its great for fast close shots and low light. If I was going to only use the ghost ring sights I would go with the XS sytem because they are much more precise. Since I normally use my scout scope for any longer range shooting and just use the open sights for close backup work. The XS sights are quite a bit cheaper than the WWG sights also.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:06 PM

thanks guys and josh that 45-70 you posted on my other thread is awesome mines not stainless but ide like to get that large lever you have where could i get it and how much thanks again

Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

The large lever like mine runs around 150 bucks, there are some other ones that are a little less expensive. You can find a lot of info about the guide guns at www.marlinowners.com . I know that brownells, cabelas, and midway all carry WWG parts.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a set of XS's and put them on my 94 .356 and they are well built and more accurate then I would have thought .. $90 from midway... Bill