Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Burris or Leupold >

Burris or Leupold

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Burris or Leupold

Old 10-11-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Burris or Leupold

I am fixin to buy my a new scope and i was wondering which one yall like the best. The Burris Fullfield II 3-9x50mm or the Leupold VXI 3-9-50mm? The leupold is about $30 dollars higher. Which one do yall think i will be happier with. A 200 yard shot will be about the longest i'll ever take with my new remington 700 30.06.

Thanks,Bama
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Burris or Leupold

Considering these are both reletively low end scopes, I think it would be smart to anticipate the possibilty that you may want to upgrade the scope in the future.

If you think that will be the case, I would definitely go with the Leupold.Leupolds hold their value extremely well, (certainly better thanBurris). That way you could look at this purchase as a downpayment on any future upgrades you might wish to make, while still having a good scope to work with currently.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

A Fullfield 2 vs the VX1, I went with the Fullfield 2. I went to the gun shopintent on buying aVX1. It was dusk and I took the VX1 and Fullfield 2 outside with the owners permission, and as far as low light performance the Fullfield 2 was clearly brighter than the VX1. When I compared the VX2 I felt it was a tossup. These were 3 x 9 x 40 scopes however.

I just mention this since you are going with a 50mm and I suspect that the low light performance is what you may be going for. If you can, go to the shop right before dark and compare for yourself. As far replacing/upgrading the scope I have had mine for 2 years and I have no intention or needto replace it ever.

PS:Burris scopes are rugged and will hold up for many yearsespecially with the recoil levels of the 06.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hands down the Burris FFII. The Fullfield II compares optically to the VX-III and is definetly superior to the VX-I in all categories.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned both and still havesome ofthe Leupolds. I have had both Fullfield and Signature series, but I had parallax problems with all my Burris'. I have upgraded my Burris' toZeiss Conquests.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:26 PM

I like the Leupold scopes.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with a Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:04 AM

Thanks for all the input. I am still undecided.I have looked through the fullfield II and a VXII at a sportsman bananza and the fullfield II was just as clear if not clearer.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

So why are you still undecided? You already said that the FF2 is optically clearer than the VXII.

Look at the features you get with each...............

Burris optics are fully multi coated the VXI and VXII are not.

Burris uses a one piece main tube Leupold uses a two piece tube on the VXI and VXII.

Burris FF-II transmits almost 10% more light than the VXII and more than 10% than the VXI.

Burris FF2 and the VXII both use steel on steel click adjustments the VXI does not.

Both companies have lifetime waranties on their scopes.

A Burris FF2 costs only $180 while a VXI costs about $220 and a VXII costs $300.

Seems like the obvious winner is the Burris.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM

Burris...don't be a Lupie snob!

Quick Reply: Burris or Leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.