Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How the .243 stacks up (part deux) >

How the .243 stacks up (part deux)

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How the .243 stacks up (part deux)

Old 06-07-2005, 09:28 PM

Default RE: How the .243 stacks up (part deux)

And you never responded to my statement, Does it suck living in virginia with all those small deer running around?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:30 PM

Gundigest, I agree totally the 243 is no elk gun, however it does just fine on whitetailed deer.

Back to that Idiot from Virginia.

Ive only really dropped 4 big game animals in my life. Two of those were with a 243.
I am only 16 yeard old, so i have not shot quite as many deer as you may have. I do not claim to be any expert. And for you to say that is just a chicken $hit move. However, i do know that I would not feel the least bit undergunned taking my 243 with me next deer season. Like I stated earlier i do not even use my 243 much anymore, but whenver i do use it, it works just fine.

And virginia I would just like to know, how does it feel to be on the losing end of an argument with someone probably half if not more than half your age?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: texhookem
And you never responded to my statement, Does it suck living in virginia with all those small deer running around?
Not as bad here as in Texas. Yep, been there too (San Antonio area). Only two places worse, Kalifornia & Florida. Well, maybe three - New Jersey (yuck).
Deer here in Old Virginia not too bad. Not as big as some of those in PA., but it's fair game. Good eatin' too!
VA. is a pretty gun friendly state, shall issue on CCW permits, decent hunting, and good climate. You should try it sometime.
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey Tex, you're getting nasty now. You brought up or alleged that anyone bad mouthing the 243 must not have any experience with it. I was just calling you on your
own alleged expertise. Before you espouse the virtues of something as if you have all that knowledge about it, be ready to back it up. If you can't take the heat kid, get out of the kitchen.
Not sure what argument I've allegedly lost. But, in any case, being half my age (or more), not very polite to attempt to point it out.
Don't take it all so personal.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 PM

I might just have to agree San Antonio sucks, I live in houston. But i think California and Florida-crazy liberals are pretty nice places.

I would by no means consider Virginia decent hunting, unless of course you are in it only for meat.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:40 PM

Not as bad here as in Texas
You are telling me you would rather go deer huntin in Virginia than in South Texas? WOW
And you never responded to my other statement, I mean you just dodge the ones you dont like: How does it feel to be in an argument with someone half your age?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Alright Virginia its getting late and i got football workout tomarrow at 8 am and i need to get some sleep. I just wanna say that youll never change my mind about living in Texas because there is not any place i would rather be. One thing is once you hunt in South Texas youll be hooked and id be willing to bet on it. Something about being out in the desert chasing big deer really gets to me. I love it. Maybe the same for you in Virginia. Maybe it makes up for its small deer in other ways, i do not know. Anyways, can we end it here?

I am sure you are probably making up some long post so go ahead.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

Follow those same loads above out to your 500 yards. Now list the ME of each.
hypocrite.
Why when I showed you the .243 has more energy than the 30-30 you said that doesnt mean nothing.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:56 PM

How come you wont answer this question Virgina, how does it feel to be in argument with a 16 year old?

By the way those big words you use really make you seem smart.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:57 PM

Look the original argument was does the 243 work for deer. Virginia does the 243 work for deer? And going back and editing your post after ive replied to it is really cool. And those d@mn smileys are also awesome. I really recomend you put the one with the guyplaying the violion, that one would really aniimate your victory.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Tellin me not to take it all so personal, you are the one who personally attacked me in the first place, do you not recall your comment about texas not measuring up or something to alaska and that we want to be another extreme. I think you were the one who orginally brought it to a personal level.

Quick Reply: How the .243 stacks up (part deux)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.