Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Shooting Shoulder >

Shooting Shoulder

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Shooting Shoulder

Old 06-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Shooting Shoulder

Well this is not really a gun issue except for me. I got the word from the Surgeon today that my bad shoulder has to go. He says its completley destroyed and ther is no chance for anything but replacing it. I didn't ask if they have a Magnum approved model. I was afraid it would come to this. I need to get a couple more opinions before I go ahead with it. However I have little use of it now. About all its good for is keeping my long sleeved shirts from blowing in the wind. I can only raise that arm about a foot above my waste. If i grab the gun stock I can just lift it high enough to get the gun in place. However then the recoil bring tears to my eyes. After five shots or so with anything bigger than the 25-06, It hurts for a week. The whole joint not just whats left of the muscle which ain't much. My left arm is about half the size it was two years ago. No right eye so I can't shoot right handed . Which I am. May have to get a synthetic stock Bent to shoot right shoulder and left eye. I quess the simple thing would be a Encore with a tripod and good scope.

Any gunsmith people have any ideas on an altered synthetic stock. I saw a wood stock made that way for a guy who had lazy eye and shot right handed an left eyed. I know that stock cost a not so small fortune. No way I am ready to quit hunting yet.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting Shoulder

Id take this to GUNS or Offseason. Wont get much response here.